35. Bad Romance

"I'm sorry I have to go this weekend, princess," my dad apologizes again for the tenth time, "You just came back and I haven't been able to spend time with you," he says. That's true, I've been back for two weeks now and he has been so freaking busy I have barely seen him. It's okay though, I know he works his ass off to give us the lifestyle we're used to.

"It's alright daddy, don't worry," I sincerely say.

"Are you sure you and Derek will be fine?" He asks, worry filling his eyes. We're not kids anymore, we can take care of ourselves. I bet he still looks at us like children. That's cute.

I nod, "Don't worry," I assure him, "It's almost time for you to leave, you don't want to be late and miss your flight," I tell him, almost pushing him out of the door.

"Call me if you need anything," he says when he opens the front door.

"I will," I say and half smile.

He hugs me and kisses my forehead, "I'm serious, if you need anything just call me and I'll be back home in no time," he keeps talking.

"Dad," I laugh at his overprotectiveness, "Just go," I smile.

"Bye champ," he says when Derek joins us and they share a hug as well.

"Have a safe flight," my brother wishes.

"But if you-"

"Dad!" Derek and I say at the same time.

"Okay, I'm leaving now," he says and heads out the door, getting inside the cab that's waiting for him already. Derek and I wave goodbye to him and watch him leave.

Even though he's just going away for three days I will still miss him. I missed him when I was in New York and I surely will this time too. It surprised me when he didn't scold me for what I did with Wesley, it almost felt as if he wanted me to do it, and maybe he did want me to, just to forget about the world for a while and enjoy the moment.

I close the door once the car disappears and I can feel the house more silent already. A few seconds after I closed it someone rings the doorbell. Huh, that was odd. Derek and I look at each other for a second and he then opens it.

"Oh, hey man," he says and opens the door completely, "Come in," he invites and I see Wes coming in. I wasn't expecting him today but I don't mind his presence at all. We've been hanging around a lot more for the past few days and I really enjoy his company, not that I didn't before but I feel like there could be something more between us. Maybe I'm just imagining things but that's how I feel. I'm not rushing anything though, it something happens cool and if doesn't that's cool too, I just enjoy his presence and vibes.

"Hi," I say when he sees me and smiles. I turn my sight at my brother and he has a funny look on his face, "What?" I curiously ask. He's planning something and I want to know.

"How many people do you think our house can hold?" Derek asks to both of us.

I smile and look at Wes before answering, "A few?" I say when I don't understand what's in his head.

"A lot," he corrects with a big bright smile, "I think a lot," he repeats with a grin on his face.

--

I can't believe he actually did it. My dad is going to kill us if he ever finds out.

I've never hosted a party before and it's actually kind of exciting. There are a lot of people from school in my house, some friends of Derek and some others from my classes. I wasn't expecting them to come, I just threw the invitation out there and for some reason they decided to join the party. Well, who doesn't like parties? Of course they would come if there was going to be free buzz and loud music.