Untitled Part 18

Lying on the couch one afternoon, watching Invader Zim, Ashling heard her cell phone ringing from her pocket. She pulled it out and answered. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Ashling MacManus?"

She arched an eyebrow. "It is. Who's this?"

"My name is Julie, I'm calling from 'Rising Star Modeling' and I'm looking for a photographer for a photo shoot that we're doing tomorrow for our newest hires. I've seen your work, and I was wondering if you'd be available?"

"Oh. Em... Sure. What time?"

"Two o'clock. Is that alright? I can email you the details."

"Yeah, that's fine. Have you got my email address?"

"I do. Thanks so much. Looking forward to working with you. See you tomorrow."

"Okay. See you then."

As she was putting her phone away, she heard the front door followed by Tom calling her name.

"In here."

As Tom walked in, Ashling began to sit up. "No, no, you're fine. I'll sit on the loveseat."

She frowned then held out her arms.

He chuckled. "A hug?"

She nodded.

Tom smiled and lay down with her, wrapping his arms around her as best he could. "Doing alright?"

"Mhm. Hard to be in a bad mood while watching Zim. Plus, now you're here."

She felt him smile and kiss the side of her neck. "Plans tomorrow?"

"Mm... I just agreed to do a photoshoot at 2."

"Oh? Who for?"

"Modeling agency."

He moved his head to look at her. "I thought you hated models."

She sighed. "I do. But I've got a bit of writer's block, so... I need something to do."

Smiling, he wiggled his eyebrows.

Ashling laughed. "Well, yes, I could do... but is that not an option afterwards?"

Smiling, he moved his face close to hers. "Darling, for you, it's always an option," he murmured against her lips before kissing her.

She smiled. "What if it's the middle of the night, and I'm awake for whatever reason?"

"Then wake me up. Or was 'always an option' not clear enough? Realistically, unless I'm out of town, it's an option."

"Mm... good to know." She ran her hands over his back and nuzzled him.

"Were you planning for your day to consist of Zim? Or do you have other things planned?"

She buried her face in his chest. "Nothing else planned." She moved her hand underneath his shirt, and ran her thumb back and forth over his skin. "Did you have something in mind? Or just asking?"

"Just asking, love. Making sure I could have you to myself for the evening."

Smiling, she squeezed him for a moment, then released. "All yours. Anyone shows up, we tell them to feck off. Unless they've got booze. Then we take it and then tell them to feck off."

He laughed. "Even Sara?"

"Aye. She'd understand. She knows how I feel about you."

"And how's that?"