Untitled Part 34

Sitting on the couch with her laptop one afternoon, Ashling was surfing a few different sites while Donnie Darko was playing on the television. Tom walked in and sat down next to her.

"Why have you got the movie on if you're on your computer?"

She glanced over. "Well, I've seen it before. So I know which parts I want to actually pay attention to. Plus, y'know. Peripheral vision," she shrugged, returning her attention to her laptop.

He nodded. "Are you working?"

"In general? Yes. At this very moment? No."

"Do you mind if I ask what you are doing?"

"Looking on Instagram at these photos of you for Interview Magazine."

"Yeah? Thoughts?"

"I'm not a fan."

"No?"

She shook her head.

"Any particular reason?"

Ashling hesitated. "Em.... no."

"Ashling."

She looked over and saw his 'tell me the truth' face, causing her to sigh. "Fine. Without wanting to sound terribly crass... If I wanted to see you looking like a porn star, I'd just have you dress like one here at home."

His eyebrows shot up. "Wow. Tell me how you really feel, why don't you."

Frowning, she sighed again. "I'm sorry. I'm just being honest. Like this one," she said, pointing at the picture. "With the boots, and the belt hanging down to the floor. Those 'gloves', if you can even call them that. The hat. The... what is that, a mesh top underneath the jumpsuit? And the one with the trench coat or what-have-you?" She shook her head. "I could've done a much better job. And I wouldn't have made you look like you were getting ready for a feckin' gang-bang." She looked over at him and saw a slight smirk on his lips. "What?"

"Is that a bit of jealousy I'm detecting, love?"

"What? No... these pictures are just... ugh. Nevermind. Forget I said anything," she said, closing the tab with the Interview Magazine photos.

He grinned as he moved closer to her; putting his arm between her back and the couch, he hooked his hand around her side and pulled her closer. "You are jealous. That's cute. I've never seen you jealous before. Is it really about my attire? Or is it because I worked with a different photographer? Both?"

Ashling rolled her eyes. "Shut uuupp," she groaned. "Photography isn't even my main focus. Why would that bother me?"

"You tell me. Because you can say it doesn't bother you all you want, but it clearly does. I've done shoots that were much more revealing and I--"

"I know," she smirked, cutting him off. "I saw a couple before we'd even met. I liked most of those ones. And I like the photo of you wearing your Thor t-shirt, though I can't remember what it was for."

"Mhmmm," he said with a grin as he leaned over to kiss her temple. "And those were before we met."

"So?"

"So I wasn't yours then. Hergo, it would make sense for you not to be jealous."

"I'm not jealous. Seriously. I'm just... not a fan of the particular shoot. Can we just... let it go now? Please?" she asked, meeting his eyes.

"Honestly, I'm slightly tempted to drag this out, but alright. We can let it go."

"Thank you." She paused then said, "Wait, why would you want to drag it out? Do you want me to be jealous?"