Spicy Dragonfruit

Last chapter and the longest!

Valentine was drinking coffee at a cafe with Nora. It was a nice summer day, the sun was shining, there was a breeze, and the two friends finally made plans to hang out.

They sat outside, Nora facing the street while Valentine faced the cafe window. They were happily talking, Nora got engaged to her girlfriend of two years.

"That's so sweet!" Valentine gushed as he admired Nora's diamond ring.

Nora grinned, "I know right? You should totally get a boyfriend." She said.

Valentine didn't say anything, his face was bright red and he stared at his drink.

Nora gasped, "you have one?! Since when?!" She squealed, then cleared her throat. She wasn't a girly girl. She was grunge rock.

Valentine shushed her before sighing dreamily, "Jason Todd-Wayne." He murmured softly.

Nora stared in shock. "Jason Todd-Wayne. As in, Wayne??" She asked in a hushed tone.

Valentine nodded, "Yeah! He's so sweet and I just... Love him so much!" He cooed.

She smiled, "Good for you..." She continued to speak but Valentine wasn't listening. He was staring at the tv..

Criminals hiding out in building. Hostages. Gunfire. Redhood and Batman.

His eyes widened. Jason...! He stood up abruptly, "I'm sorry! I have to go!" He apologized and took off down the street.

In the building Redhood was fighting along side Batman, "Don't kill them." Batman warned.

"I won't! Chill old man!" Redhood hissed. Well technically Jason, he had thrown his helmet somewhere.

He grunted as a criminal with a knife went for him. He grabbed his wrist and snapped it, the criminal screamed.

They continued fighting until there wasn't anyone else on that floor. They walked a few paces until Batman stopped, "Wait... Listen..."

"Jason!"

Batman turned towards Redhood, "Who's here calling your name?? Your actual name??" He asked with his tone rising with shock and wary.

Redhood frowned before gasping, "Shit!" He bolted down the hall and for the stairs.

"Jason!"

Redhood spotted Valentine running through corridors, searching for his love. Batman was about to call him over but Redhood stopped him.

Valentine spotted something. He saw Redhood's helmet... With blood on it. He teared up and fell to his knees. "Ja...son...?" He whispered. He felt tears slide down his cheek.

A criminal was sneaking up behind Valentine. Just before he reached Valentine, the blonde stood up, "Heh. Yeah right." He said and threw the helmet at the criminal, before the criminal could react Valentine pulled a pistol out from under his sweater and shot the helmet. It exploded, injuring the criminal but not killing him. He was knocked unconscious.

Batman stared in shock. "Who is he?" He asked Redhood.

Redhood didn't answer, what else was new. "Valentine!" He yelled, cupping his mouth.

Valentine turned and his worried face turned to relief. "Jason!" He raced forward, but...

The floor collapsed.

Valentine's eyes widened. He let out a scream, "Jason!! Jason!! JaSOON!!"

Redhood immediately ran over and tried to grab his hand, "NO! VALENTINE!"

As Valentine fell, tears slid down his cheeks when he was caught all of a sudden.

"Jeez, you're lucky I was here." A voice teased.

Valentine looked up and saw Nightwing. "You're..."

"Yep! Nightwing, amazing. I know." Nightwing chuckled. He carried Valentine bridal style and jumped up to the floor above them. He looked at Jason's relief filled face and smirked, "Drop something?"

Jason glared, "Shut the fuck up." He spat and took Valentine into his own arms. He looked down, "Are you okay, baby?" He asked softly.

Valentine smiled gently and nodded, he hugged his arms around Jason's neck.

Batman and Nightwing stared, Batman in shock. "Did I miss something?" Batman asked.

"Nah, Good ol' Jason just found out he had a heart is all." Nightwing taunted.

Jason flipped him off as Valentine blushed and shyly hid his face in Jason's shoulder.

Batman sighed, "We need to talk soon. But for now, go home."

Jason nodded and quickly carried Valentine away from his Fam.

A few days later there was a knock on Valentine and Jason's door. Valentine sighed and yawned. He thought it was Nora so he didn't change into anything besides Jason's boxers and shirt.

When he opened the door... The batbros were  there. "Wow, you were right." A British noirette commented.

"He actually likes someone?" Green eyed boy.

"He's adorable?!" Blue eyed nerd said in shock.

"Yep! Hey Val, it's me, Nightwing, aka Dick." Dick Grayson-Wayne said with a grin.

Valentine blushed, "I... I... Oh dear I'm not even dressed." He stammered.

"It's okay! Jamie walks around the house in my boxers all the time!" Dick chirped.

"Oh my god I'll hit you." Jamie hissed.

The green eyed boy, most likely Damian, looked Valentine up and down. He asked, "Can you bake?"

Valentine blinked, "Uhm, yeah... Mostly cookies though." He replied.

"I approve of him." Damian said as he walked over to the couch.

Tim was the only one left. He smiled at Valentine, "Quick question, how do you put up with Jason?" He asked.

Valentine was about to reply but someone beat him to it, "By staying out of my business. What the fuck are you all doing here? I mean, I don't care if Jamie is here because he could scare my ass to hell, but the rest of you??" Jason asked with a glare.

Damian stood up, "Bruce said you had a boyfriend! I had to see if the legend was true." He said.

Jason sighed heavily, "Fine." He looked to Valentine, "Guess you're making a bigger dinner."

Valentine smiled happily and kissed Jason's cheek, "I'd be glad too."