Chapter 9: Sorry

We just drove to school in the middle of the night so Scott could try to remember anything about the bus, and my brother and him are already arguing. Great.

"Hey, no, just me. Someone needs to keep watch." Scott said as he looked as Stiles.

"How come I'm always the guy keeping watch?" Stiles asked.

"Because your sister can't do it alone." Scott answered. I just stood there laughing awkwardly.

"Okay, why's it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin? I don't want to be Robin all the time." Stiles said completely out of nowhere.

"Nobody's Batman and Robin any of the time." I said joining into their conversation.

"Not even some of the time?" My brother replied.

"Just stay here." Scott sighted.

"O my god! Fine." Stiles replied as he walked over to his jeep. I followed him as I was scared of being alone in the dark. We watch as Scott climbed over the fence.

"You're just scared to be alone, aren't you? You can keep watch by yourself." Stiles said after a long silence.

"Well, you're my twin brother. You should know why." I replied as I looked outside the window.

"Can we not start a conversation about mom, please." He asked with a more quiet tone.

"I'm not the one who brought her u-

Before I could finish my sentence I saw Stiles open the door and step outside. He just stood there as he looked around. I start to look around too as I see someone who's holding a flashlight stepping towards the bus Scott was on. I made the jeep honk as my twin now saw the guy too and stepped back into the jeep. I could see him wipe away a tear with his sleeve.

"Sorry..." I said looking down. I didn't get an answer.

"Go! Go! Go! Go!" Scott said as he entered the car. He didn't even notice the silence as he was to busy panicking. Stiles does as told and starts to drive away.

"Did it work? Did you remember?" I asked after a long silence.

"Yeah, I was there last night. And the blood, a lot of it was mine." Scott answered.

"So you did attack him?" I said as I looked at my brother to see that he was still not in the mood to talk.

"No. I saw glowing eyes in the bus, but they weren't mine. It was Derek." Scott said as I turned to him again.

"What about the driver?"

"I think I was actually trying to protect him."

"Wait, why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?" I asked.

"That's what I don't get." Scott replied.

"It's gotta be a pack thing." Stiles finally said something, but it wasn't the cheerful Stiles from earlier, his voice was a lot more serious now.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"Like an initiation. You do the kill together." Stiles added.

"Because ripping someone's throat out is a real bonding experience?" Scott said with confusion.

"Yeah, but you didn't do it, which means you're not a killer." I announced.

"And it also means tha-

"I can go out with Allison." Scott interrupted my brother.

"I was gonna say it means you won't kill us." Stiles smiled.