28 - She's Tranquil

Cameron -

The two blazing-hot-with-emotion eyes stared into mine, calculating and analyzing something. I was tempted to ask what was going through her pretty little head, but decided against it.

With a strand of her hair resting over her right eyelashes and that small glint in her brown eyes, she looked absolutely flawless.

The idea of even touching the tip of one of her fingers was enough to say I had connected with an angel. Though she was broken-hearted, there wasn't any doubt that God had gifted her with angelic abilities to hold a man captive in her presence. It surprised me that her footsteps miles away didn't strike fear in the hearts of all things evil. She truly was beautiful, courageous, strong, smart, and clearly talented.

There were only two things a man could do with a woman like her:

Envy her.

Or pursue her.

And I had no room in my heart for envy or hatred; if anything, the sight of her blew me away with love and beauty. So it was decided.

"Carter?" I asked, loving the feeling of her name on my tongue.

"Hm?" She responded, still locking gazes with me.

"You're really something, you know that? I pity the men who miss out on everything that is you." I told her honestly.

Instantly, she blushed. I smiled widely, loving that she wasn't on top of her game around me.

"Stop being weird." She demanded, shoving my head off of her and nearly making me fall.

I picked myself up with a laugh so that I was standing in front of her.

"Come on, let's go to the mall." I said, offering her a hand and helping her up.

She shrugged, seeming alright with the idea. However, she soon stopped to look down at her outfit. A sigh escaped her lips.

"I wore this yesterday."

I rolled my eyes. "No one saw you in that. You look fine, let's gooooo."

She shook her head. "No, I can't. I feel gross."

"Ughh." I groaned.

Then an idea came into my head. "You could wear one of my shirts."

~

       Carter stepped out into daylight and carefully closed the door behind her. As soon as I caught sight of her, I was locked on her figure.

She had on one of my old grey church sweaters that I hardly wore anymore. There was a geometrical pattern across the chest in white, but, other than that, it was a simple sweater. It looked great with her dark blue jeans and white vans from the night before.

Honestly, she would've looked great in anything.

Or out of anything.

I ignored that thought as we got in my car. We drove to the closest mall, talking about everything and nothing. At one point, she asked me what she missed at the meeting from the day before and I instantly smiled brightly.

"You're gonna be so happy when I tell you this, Carter." I said, using her name again just for the fun of it.

She looked at me cautiously. "What? Don't play with my emotions, Cameron."

I feigned mock offense. "Why would you think I would do that? Everyone knows you don't have feelings."

Out of no where, pain shot across my torso. She had hit me.