Chapter 5

Lana

Lana

I could feel his hand tighten around my neck. I looked into his eyes to see hatred. And all I could think was that I didn't know this man. I didn't know what I had done to him for him to attack me. I didn't know how he even knew where I was if I was keeping a semi low profile.

My mind instantly thought of the little boy I told to run. Hopefully he had gotten away in time.

My feet were placed back onto the edge and I looked at the same man. An evil smile on his lips as he threw something at me. My eyes quickly traveled down to where I had felt a painful piercing on my chest.

Quickly I lost my balance and fell back. I could feel the cold night air move past me. As quickly as I had fallen my back laid on the hard ground with a hard thud.

I could hear someone's yells as I tried to move but couldn't. Slowly my body was shutting down and I knew it.

I looked up at the starry sky and closed my eyes. My body and soul felt further away than ever but quickly I was jolted back as I felt electric shocks coarse through my body.

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was in a white room and all I could hear was a beeping sound. I tried to move any part of my body but couldn't. I slowly looked around the room seeing I had no idea where I was. Slowly I could feel the fear creep in me at being confused.

I began to panic and finally little by little I could feel my body. I moved my fingers and slowly sat up. The second my feet touched the cold ground I was up and on alert. I looked around not understanding where I was or what had happened.

The doors quickly opened and I saw a woman walk in. She was looking at her phone first but when her eyes landed on me her mouth opened.

"Lana" she says smiling

"Where am I?" I say "who are you?"

I began to walk back until I was back on the bed.

"It's me, Bette" she says "don't you remember?" She asks

She clearly saw the fear on my face as she put her phone away and raised both her hands.

"I'm not going to hurt you, we're friends" she says

"Friends? Why can't I remember you then" I say louder

Just then the door opened and more people came in.

"Stay away" I yelled

"Lana please calm down" the woman name Bette said

"What's going on?" A man with dark hair walked in "Lana" he says looking at me and smiling