Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

I walk with Mickaela towards Jade and her little posse, something I never thought we would do. They look at us and they all look confused, we had already rejected them the first time they asked. Mickaela leads the way and I start to feel a bit apprehensive about exactly what will happen. In Jade's group there is only some people that I trust. Not all of them like me either. I can sense that they don't want us here.

"We're in." Is all that Mickaela says.

"What?" Comes out of many people's mouths.

"We have decided that we will join you guys on this mission thing." I speak clearly.

"Why?" Jade narrows her eyes.

"Because we too want something out of this." Mickaela steps forward. "We want to add two other people to this list."

Jade nods and looks around, school just ended and the front of the school is quite crowded.

"Okay, let's not talk about this here." She looks at me. "You live close to here, don't you?"

I nod slowly, not sure whether to be creeped out by the fact that she knows where I live. I have moved ever since they stopped talking to us, so she shouldn't know.

"Would it be alright if we met up at your house in thirty minutes?" She asks, still looking around for anyone that could be eavesdropping.

"Of course." I nod and quickly take my phone out to inform my parents.

"Great, we will be there soon."

"Where do you live?" Josh asks nervously.

I notice the way his eyes search my face for any sign of... anything! Josh is the football player with the highest grades. He has straight A's and he is sort of a teacher's pet, obviously he is popular. He doesn't always hang out with Jade and her group, but I know that they're close friends. Since he knows about this whole plan, then I'm sure he has some skill that will help us. I make eye contact with him and I point to the house at the corner. He looks at me for a second and then his eyes follow my hand. He nods and gives me a thumbs up, signaling that he knows where to go. I half smile and look down. I have liked Josh for a while now, yet he has never noticed me. He's that one guy that never talks to anyone that isn't in his group of friends.

"Perfect, we will all meet at her house." Jade quietly explains the plan for today. "Remember everyone arrive at different times, and park your cars in the park across the street."

"Let's do this." Mickaela whispers in my ear and I smirk.

This is going to change everything.

......

The room slowly fills up with Jade's group of friends. The leather couches are filled up and the coffee table holds cups of juice and soda that I had my little sister serve.

"So what's the plan?" Jade asks.

"We have to come up with a perfect plan that will drive her crazy."

"And Luke."

I nod. "He'll definitely be dragged along, we just need to take it slowly."

"So where do we start?"

I look up and smile.

"We need a few things first."

"Like what?"

"Can you just tell us what we're doing first?"

"Step one, blackmail."

"Blackmail?" Jade asks.