Chapter 3

Marie's POV

It's not that I'm scared that this will all end badly, I know it will. The thing is, I really don't want to ruin my scholarship and my whole life. If we get caught, then everything and everyone is ruined. It's Friday, the best day of the week, and we have to sit in he gym for over an hour because the cheerleaders have an "awesome surprise" for us. Honestly, if I could skip this, I would.

"Okay everyone! Settle down!" Yells our principal.

Principal Lane gives Caroline the mic. I lean on the wall, this is going to be boring. I didn't even get a seat so I have to stand here and listen to nonsense. I look around and pretty much everyone is off their phones and paying close attention. But then I realize that here is a group of freshmen sitting on the top of the bleachers that are laughing and talking.

"Hey here everyone!" Caroline chirps. "Welcome to-"

She saw them.

"Excuse you! Girls! Shut up and listen! You're being total jerks right now!" She yells.

I cover my ears and he girls stop talking, she has way too much authority. Caroline clears her throat and smiles.

"So as you may all know, we have a big announcement for you all." She looks at her friends.

I think I hear someone in the distance say that she is pregnant, and I smile. People and their rumors.

"Since it's that time of the year," she takes a deep breath. "Us, the cheerleaders, and the football team have decided to throw a huge Halloween Party here at the school!"

All the seniors cheer and the teachers look very annoyed. The last time there was a party, the school was completely trashed, except for the classrooms though. They try close off the upstairs but people always get in. There was paint all over the place.

"We obviously got permission from the principal." She smiles at her. "And we have decided that it is going to be more than just seniors!"

Now, everyone cheers. I cheer too because this is just more chaos, and another chance for us to get back at Caroline and the boys. The party is in 4 weeks, enough time for us to plan everything out.

I feel someone grab my arm and I turn, it's Josh.

"Hey, what-" He pulls me out of the gym.

"This is perfect." Josh says to me.

He opens his mouth to speak again but he looks around, some of the cheerleaders are at the bathroom area. They're looking at us. Josh smiles and grabs my arm. We walk upstairs to a classroom, some teachers leave them open. We walk inside and run to the back, just in case someone walks by the door.

"This party, is going to break the rules."

"What?" I say, a bit confused.

Caroline said she asked the teachers, and the teachers all heard...

"I heard that she's going to invite college guys, and she's going to bring alcohol." He informs me.

I gasp and my mouth forms an'o' shape.

"No way!" I smile.

"Yes way." He smiles back.

"I wasn't going to go to that party, but now, I'm definitely going!" I say.

"Same here." He says.

I start walking to the door.

"Alright, well we should get out of here before-" He grabs my arm.