Chapter 4

Marie's POV

Once I got to Josh's house, I felt very scared, I don't even know him well! What if he kills me and feeds my body to wolves? I mean, that probably won't happen, but I'm apprehensive.

His house wasn't like any other I had seen, it was huge. Bigger than anyone else's house. It looks like it was from one of those magazines that you see everywhere. The house is absolutely stunning. There were gates that opened as the car got close, the house was surrounded by hedges. Once we got inside, the place was more visible, and I could see the house much better. It was a big white house, there were stairs leading up to this beautiful black door that looked brand new. There were balconies up in the top windows. The house seemed to be two stories high, but it was a huge house. The sun didn't hit it directly, though, which kind of made it seem a bit darker and mysterious, but the house was too beautiful to be recognized as anything else but a normal house.

"One thing, I have an older brother. He's kind of a pain in the butt... But just ignore him and everything will be fine." He said that in a worried tone.

Something about this made me feel awkward, he was bringing me into his house and warning me about his brother. I've barely ever talked to Josh and the day I spend with him, I'm sleeping in his house. I looked at him and forced a smile, I was not scared just confused.

"So we have guest rooms, and you can stay as long as you want." He says shyly.

I nod and he opens his front door, we walk in and I try my best not to gasp. I look around, everything is so fancy, the entrance hallway is full of pictures, mostly of him and who I presume is his brother, there's also some of his parents.

His mom looks like she's kind, but she looks like she belongs in this house. She looks as if she's from a high-class, which she probably is, but she just shows it. I look at the picture of his dad, he looks young, and he looks snobby, just like his mom, but there's something about his eyes that give me chills.

"Follow me." He leads me through the living room and up the stairs.

We walk through the hallway and I have trouble seeing anything. The windows seem to have the curtains shut and the lights are off. I wait for him to turn the lights on, but he doesn't. I keep walking but since I can't see, I fall behind a bit and crash into a shelf.

"Oh, crap," I mumble.

"My bad," Josh says with a chuckle. "Let me turn the lights on, don't move."

I do what he says and stand by the wall, I don't know how he can see. I literally don't know where I even am.

I hear a door open behind me, and I am suddenly pulled in. I scream as they slam the door.

"Shh, don't be scared." Someone says behind me, my back against their chest.

"What... Who... Where... Help!" I start to feel scared.

The lights turn on. I look at the person that seemed to have kidnapped me. He's tall, cute and obviously Josh's brother.

"Hi..." I say awkwardly.

"Hello there, gorgeous." He smiles at me.

"What the hell!" Josh bangs on the door. "Give her back, Brian."