Chapter 2

I groaned and sat up using all my morning muscle would allow, and began slapping my ipod on its ihome in random places, hoping to turn it off.  Eventually it did, and I turned on my upbeat music to help wake me up.  I dragged my feet over my fuzzy gray and blue carpet to my huge walk-in closet.  The downside to living in a mansion was that my room was huge.  Most would say that’s an awesome thing, since you can have the most random things in it, like a drum set and what not. OK, the drum set is definiatly a perk.  Having a huge room is great, but in the mornings, it’s just painful.  After pulling out a pair of black skinny jeans, white tank top, and a black sweater to go over it, I walked out. 

   The scenario of my dream played over and over in my head, the barn on fire, dead Jupiter, Daniel staring, Daniel running, and well, everything else.  I dragged my feet towards the intercom (which was on the other side of the room, of course!) nodding my head to the beat of Backseat Serenade by All Time Low, which was playing at that moment.  I reached the screen of the ipad looking thing on the wall, and hit a button so Ellie downstairs could answer.

“Yes Hon?  Would you like anything?” a friendly voice popped up.

“Hey Ellie, yeah can you ask Chef to whip up some chocolate pancakes?  And maybe some fruit?  I’m starved.”

“Course!  Would you like anything else?”

“Oh gosh, how can you get up so early every morning?  And be so cheerful about it?” I sighed into the wall.

“Oh six thirty isn’t early Honey, now try four- forty-five.  Now that’s painful.” She laughed.

“Well you get paid.  At school, I get hate.”

“Good point.  I’ll have Chef get going.”

“Thanks Ellie.”

      I pressed the ‘end’ button.  I walked over to the bathroom.  One look in the mirror and I almost screamed.  My hair stood up in ways I didn’t think possible.  You see. My hair is special, it defies gravity!  No, just kidding.  I only control fire.  I grabbed my brush and ran it down the wild mess, and it seemed to settle.  I put on thick black eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick.  I dragged myself back out to the main room and over to my desk where I unplugged my computer and put it in my bag.

I heard a knock at the door.

“Come in!” I yelled over the Maroon 5 that was playing.  Ellie walked in carrying a tray with three chocolate chip pancakes, a banana, and a glass of orange juice.

“Oh, Ellie!  You are amazing!  You know that?”

I gawked at the food.  You should know first of all that food and I have a special bond.

“I’m sure you tell that to all of your maids who bring you Chef’s special every morning.” She joked.

“Yeah, that would be you.”

She laughed and put the tray down on my desk, then wiped her hands on her white apron.  I looked at Ellie.  She wasn’t too old, still young.  Probably around twenty five, and the only perk to living in Florida.  Well, she moved with us from California, to Georgia, then to Florida.  Wherever we went, so did she.  Apparently as long as we treated her and Chef like a part of our small family and paid her, she would pretty much stay with us wherever we went.  I liked that idea.  She had dirty blond hair, with natural highlights, and always wore a smile.

She looked at me and frowned.

“You’re too pretty to be wearing that much make-up, and so little color.”