8. Breathe

{Room 108 | Sandgem High School}

|Dawn|

"These ancient ruins are spread throughout the regions; it's easy to locate them." Bertha told us, pointing to the sketch of a map.

May and I exchanged bored glances as we idly made notes for Geography. Honestly, I would rather have History all the time; Lucian was interesting, and the lessons were interactive.

"Make notes on the next page of your text book, then answer the summary questions." She finally stopped talking and gave us the usual command.

I flipped through my book to find the right page, then scribbled a picture of an angry Jigglypuff to May.

She giggled to herself and then drew a Psyduck, holding it's head in utter confusion.

I snorted in reaction before we turned to our books and started to focus on the work. Just as I picked up my pen, I suddenly felt a prod on my back. Turning around, I took the folded piece of paper from Rosa's peach nails.

"From Trip." She murmured.

I opened it up as May edged closer to read it too:

I've got an assignment for my Photography club, and it comes with the opportunity of being featured in a magazine. Would you be up for being my model?

I looked back at him, catching his eye as he shot me a smile. Henri's words came to my mind automatically, and I sighed before scribbling down a reply.

I'm really sorry >•<

I've signed a contract where my photos are to only be published by media outlets approved by my manager. I hope you find someone else xx

I passed the note back to Rosa, and could hear her pause to read it before actually giving it to Trip.

"Rejection." May murmured

I sighed, looking back at Trip as he opened it up. After I saw him read it, I mimed a 'sorry' to him, but he shrugged, not seeming too disappointed.

I carried on with my studies for the rest of the lesson, stopping every few minutes to exchange a comment with May. The lesson dripped by but it was a relief that, having answered all the questions, the clock had moved.

After the bell finally rang, I packed my things away and walked through the door as May groaned, "Geography always bores me to death!"

"Hey, Dawn." I turned away from my friend to see the voice calling me.

Rosa stood in front of me, her perfectly twisted space buns glimmering in the daylight. Beside her was Hilda, another Unovian student. The two had been best friends since I'd met them, but she was the opposite to Rosa. Hilda's style was tomboy-ish and she was a Battle class student; she was also a great partner when it came to sports.

However, that didn't stop the both of them from grabbing first class spots on the Cheerleading Team beside Ursula.

"Yeah?" I finally murmured.

"Don't worry about the Trip thing, I volunteered for him." Rosa smiled, exchanging a glance with her friend.

She met my eyes triumphantly, and I sighed; it felt like she was competing with me. I didn't want to compete with anyone though, and had no idea why Rosa cared.