Maple Sauce & Birthdays

|Dawn|

I giggled and held onto Swift as she furiously swam, water drizzling onto me like gentle rain.

Beside us in the sky were Draco and Char, their dazzling wings beating in the cold sky competitively.

On the other, Stranger ran at the pace as us like a blue bullet of concentration.

"Last one there is a rotten Pokégg!", I giggled then patted my Milotics glimmering scales encouragingly.

She urged forward which only caused her competition to follow, each Pokémon moving speedily. The breeze hit me as my hair messily draped against my face; training was the best.

Char roared and I looked up in surprise to see him using Ariel Ace, speeding ahead.

"Well if you're going to play like that", I smirked before whispering, "Use Water Sport".

Swift smiled before she released her water attack, attempting to splash her rivals. It successfully landed onto Char, however Stranger pushed it away with an Aura barrier and Draco narrowly dodged.

"Good", I praised the two and laughed at the pouting Charizard, "Work on reacting faster, winning isn't the purpose".

Swift gleefully took advantage of using her attack, surging towards the end of the stream and easily surpassing the others.

I giggled then looked at my other Pokémon, "You snooze you lose!".

My magnificent Milotic swam further towards the grass, allowing me to step back into the land. I pulled my backpack off and took out my Poffin case, giving them each Pokémon one.

"Dawn!", Gary's voice called out to me as I snapped out my little Pokémon endorsed bubble.

I returned Swift, Char and Draco back into their respective balls then answered, "Is it starting?".

"It just started and she's number 7", He pulled me up as Stranger disappeared.

"Great", I clasped my hands together, "This will be my first time watching a contest without participating".

"Well the big shot has to give everyone else a chance", Gary nudged me and we both laughed.

"This place is lovely though", I looked around the scenery where I'd been training.

Arrowroot was beautiful, the dazzling lakes glittering like diamonds and the emerald trees habited a variety of joyous bug types. Lots of honey had been spread out, if it wasn't for the Contest then there would be more visitors trying to catch Pokémon.

"Come on you romantic, Paul's inside".

I grinned then followed the snarky brunette, instantly being swallowed into an alternate universe of bright lights and spectators.

Gary and I ran through unfamiliar faces towards the small group of our friends, rushing in order to view every second of my Maple Sauce's performance.

As Zoey finished with a flourish, I grinned at her Gallade and Glameow. Both were beyond normal expectations and she really had a flare.

"And now, a well known student and the finalist in the Wallace Cup: Here's May!".

I sat down in the claustrophobic space between Drew and ClamPaul, screaming, "That's my bestfriend! Whooo!".

To my minor embarrassment other people turned around to point and whisper, whilst May waved up at us with a glistening smile.

"And that's my girlfriend!", Drew upstaged my declaration as the crowd immediately cooed.

I rolled my eyes and glanced at Paul, "So when I do it, it's not cute?"