Battles & Monsters

|Paul|

'Shellgon, Draco Meteor! Charizard burn the leaves', Dawn ordered her Pokémon.

She had already nearly damaged all of Rosa's points, so once the Draco Meteor attack collided with the opponent's Electro Ball it was all over. They clashed to cause a fusion of fireworks, revealing Rosa's fainted Pokémon.

Dawn was a lot more stronger than before, her improvements in battle always shocked me because they were so hard to predict from such a gentle girl.

After she had walked off of stage, I decided to stop distracting myself from the headache.

'Where'r ya going?', Ash asked me looking up, 'May's battling Zoey now'.

'My head is killing me', I mumbled before moving out of the seats and room.

I moved to a silent hallway and sighed in the quiet atmosphere, it was still painful as hell. If I had a self-destruct button then the only reason I hadn't pushed it multiple times was because of her.

It had been nearly 2 weeks since she'd made me quit smoking cold. The symptoms now were no way as severe as before, last week I was close to shitting my pants. Right now I would just get fidgety and have the sudden migraines.

'Painkiller?', A cheerful voice asked me.

I looked up at Riley and cautiously took the packet before frowning, 'Why aren't you watching over Dawn?'.

'She battled already, you would know', He replied as I swallowed two pills.

'Would you quit the snide remarks?', I glared at him.

He shrugged, 'Would you quit being a burden to her? You know Dawn's already bitten off more than she can chew'.

I took a step back as he threw the blame on me, which he could rightfully do I guess.

'Why should you care? Have you even got the guts to tell her of the relation?', I hissed.

Riley rolled his eyes at me, 'You're too immature to understand'.

I snorted, 'Immature? I probably knew more about her than you did'.

'I'm not competing with you', He gritted his teeth.

'Then don't bring her up', I walked away from my homeroom teacher and towards the battling ground.

~

|May|

Fantina smiled and patted Dawn and I's hands, 'I'm proud of the progress you've both made'.

I grinned and met Dim-Sum's eyes, 'Thankyou, I'll be earning my second ribbon'.

She snorted, 'Oh please, just because you won a ribbon last Winter doesn't mean I'm intimidated'.

I playfully slapped her shoulder, 'We've got an hour to argue about who will win before we battle it out'.

Dawn nodded and smiled, 'The two best friends will battle it out for the Wallace Cup Ribbon in the final'.

'But first, Drew's buying me lunch after years', I smiled.

She nodded and pushed me in the direction of the canteen, 'Have some couple time'.

'Thanks!', I blushed before catching sight of my boyfriend and grinning

I ran up to him and he wrapped me into a tight hug, 'Thankyou June'.

'It worked?', I widened my eyes hopefully.

'It sure as hell did', He kissed me lightly as we walked to the canteen, 'Grab us a table and I'll buy your favourite, it's the least I can do'.