Chapter 3 Unnatural

Deep down in the dragon caverns lies an underground river. In the river is a great sea dragon. The dragon is very old and wise, so Lord Darkus goes to him for advice, but the dark dragon doesn't always listen to the advice. Lord Darkus paces back and forth while waiting for the sea dragon in a very unnatural way. Unnatural is a very good word for Lord Darkus. Almost everything about him is unnatural.

Lord Darkus was once a great dragon warrior. He was the fiercest and most ruthless of all the dragons. His downfall was brought when he tried to stop a prophecy that was foretold by the sea dragon. He can no longer fly, because of all the rips and tears in his wings. He is a two legged dragon, but he wasn't always. After he lost use of his wings, he worked more on his walking power. Lord Darkus felt that being on four legs was a sign of weakness, so he broke and twisted his legs unnaturally so he could walk on just two legs.

Lord Darkus has a long spike covered tail that trails behind him on the ground as he walks. He also wears armor that looks like it was made out of an old furnace. Even the mask he always wears, so no one can see his face, looks like some sort of vent or grate.

"VESTUVIAS!", yelled the dark dragon towards the river.

The sea dragon rose up out of the water to see a furious and impatient Lord Darkus.

"Greetings my lord", said Vestuvias as he bowed to Lord Darkus.

"What took you so long? I need to know if you have foreseen the destroyer!" yelled the lord at Vestuvias.

"I have foreseen that the destroyer is an oritorian named Elmor Ris", said the old serpent.

Lord Darkus seemed content with this answer. He has not learned from his past mistakes and plans to try to defy the prophecy.

"But the princess of Majestia, the witch, is coming here with him", said Vestuvias

"WHAT!?" yelled Lord Darkus, "SHE WILL BE DESTROYED!!!"

Lord Darkus seems to have an unjustified hatred for the people of Majestia. It might be because Lord Darkus likes to rule with fear, and the people of Majestia are happy and many times are fearless. It may be because of this fact that Lord Darkus wants to take over Majestia.

"If this Elmor and the princess are brave enough to come here, then there will be an entire army of dragons waiting to destroy them", said Lord Darkus, "And if all else fails, then they will have to face me."

Meanwhile...

One of the many dragons among the caverns is a small one named Rue-bert. Rue-bert looks like a turtle with dragons wings and a pointy red hat. Rue-bert flies quietly through the caverns. He lands at the home of his friend Coreox.

"Hey, guess what? I overheard Vestuvias and Lord Darkus talking about who the destroyer is", said Rue-bert excitedly.

"Who is it?" asked Coreox.

"Vestuvias said that it is an oritorian named Elmor Ris, and he said that the princess is coming here too", replied Rue-bert.

Coreox smiled a little after hearing that. When Lord Darkus took over the dragon kingdom, Coreox's wife was one of the first to revolt against him. Unfortunately, that meant she was one of the first killed by Lord Darkus. Coreox was left alone to protect his child, who is still just an egg. Coreox went to the great sea dragon, Vestuvias, for help, and Vestuvias told him that one day Lord Darkus would be destroyed by someone. That someone was nicknamed the destroyer.