02 | a plan in motion

"I mean, I feel like I'm just not getting the sound right." 

"That's okay, we'll try it again."

Daisy sighed, gently raising her headphones back against her ear. They'd been trying to work on the same song for hours, and if the process kept going as painstakingly slow as it already was, she didn't know how much longer it would take for her to lose her mind. 

After a few semi-successful attempts at recording, they decided to take a quick break. 

Daisy plopped down on the studio couch, absentmindedly pulling out her phone and checking to see if she had any messages. 

When the screen lit up there were a few texts from musicians, studio execs, but the message from Liza Koshy seemed a little off for her. 

They had met at the Teen Choice Awards, running into each other backstage after Liza won her award. She'd seen the vlogger's videos a few times, but had never really dove into the world of youtubers before then. But Liza was hilarious, and repeatedly assured Daisy that she was a huge fan, and after taking a few minutes to talk and get to know each other better, they exchanged numbers, promising to keep in touch after the show. 

And they had seen each other on occasion, going out for coffee every few weeks, but with her new album under works and a script to read for a new film, Daisy barely had anytime for herself, let alone hanging out with new friends. 

So they hadn't exactly kept in touch as much as they hoped, but seeing Liza's name pop up on her notifications caused a faint smile to play on the singer's lips. She missed the kid. 

The text from Liza read: 

Hey! I know its been a while since we hung out but i was wondering if u were free later today for coffee? david and i miss you ! 

Daisy sighed, looking up at her producer as he listened back to the recent takes, nodding his head but still not visibly satisfied with the work. 

"Hey, Oli? Would it be better if we just called it a day, rest on it for a bit?" She asked, finger over the send button to reply a confirmation to Liza. 

Oli took his headphones off, looked at Daisy, then back at the computer, then back at Daisy again. He looked a little let down but eventually nodded his head in response, "Yeah, I think that's fine. I don't know what's going on, but hopefully rest is what'll get you back in shape for this," he frowned, closing his laptop. 

Daisy immediately hit send on her reply, before getting up off the couch. "Me too," she sighed, before giving him a quick hug, whispering a thank you for his help. 

"You'll get there, just don't get in your head too much, okay?" He murmured.

"I'll try, thank you for being so patient with me today," Daisy replied, a goofy grin on her face as he shook his head in response. 

"You're a whole lot to handle, but I manage," he chuckled. 

After they parted ways, Daisy quickly got in her car and drove back home to get changed. 

Liza gave her the address and told her to meet up in about an hour, depending on how much time she needed to get ready beforehand. 

But Daisy decided that she wouldn't need to do anything extensive in terms of hair or makeup. After all, it was just going to be coffee, nothing too crazy for an afternoon with friends, right?

After getting changed into a simple t-shirt, flannel, and jeans, Daisy ran back out to her car and headed over to the coffee shop. 

She had left incredibly early, but traffic always killed, so she wasn't surprised when she saw David and Liza already sitting outside waiting for her as she parked and quickly put on a baseball cap and sunglasses to hide herself from paparazzi as best as she could. 

Her little detours on the way must have tipped them off, because as she crossed the street and waved at the couple there were no cameras that followed, well, except David's. 

The couple started laughing as they saw Daisy's nervous grin as she approached the two. 

"Oh boy," she chuckled, shuffling over to their table. 

"Why don't you take a seat, Daisy?" David asked, laughing harder as she touched the chair but then hesitated. 

"This is like a prank, right? That's what you always do whenever your camera's out," Daisy said, earning another round of laughter from the two. "I'm gonna like pull this chair and its gonna explode or something."

"No, no, no pranks, I promise" David grinned, "you can ask Liza too, I'm not gonna do anything crazy." 

Liza nodded, convincing Daisy that nothing was gonna happen, so she gingerly pulled the chair and sat down. 

"Okay, so all jokes aside I'm actually really excited to see you," Liza remarked, getting up and pulling Daisy in for a hug. 

"I know, I am too, my lil' baby," Daisy joked, hugging her tighter before they both let go. 

"Oh, and hi David," Daisy gave a weak wave at David's camera before angling herself towards Liza, "Okay, so anyway," she began, but immediately turned back around as David and Liza broke into laughter, "I'm sorry I was just kidding," she apologized to David, who reassured her that everything was all good. 

"So what's new?" Daisy asked, sitting back in her seat. 

"Just the same stuff, youtube, vlogging, you know," Liza shrugged. 

"That's actually why we asked you to come here today," David began. 

Daisy lulled her head to the side to look at David with an exasperated look on her face. "I knew it. You guys are gonna pull a prank."

"It's not a prank! I promised you," David smiled. 

"But!" Liza interjected, "it's something more like, a favor? I guess?" she gave a nervous smile, trying to poke Daisy as she laughed. 

"What do you guys need?" Daisy sighed, but with a playful tone in her voice. 

"Okay, so I have this friend..." David began.