05 | a chance

Hey Zane, it's Daisy. About that escape, did you want in?

He'd been sat staring at his phone for what felt like hours, in complete disbelief at the message he just received. 

The night had already felt like a dream the second Zane first laid eyes on Daisy, but now, as he read her words on his screen over and over again, he felt like he was straight up in a fantasy. There had to be some catch; there was no way his luck could be coming back around this hard. He was never the one to win things, to be the one chosen, to be the one who was ever truly lucky. 

But yet here he was, and he knew that he would be the biggest idiot to not jump at this chance. 

So he said yes

___

"Someone's a bit chipper today," Oliver mused, leaning back in his seat as Daisy let out a chuckle. 

They'd been recording for a few hours and after a few successful takes, finally decided to stop off for a quick break. 

"It's nothing," she shrugged, but unable to wipe the goofy grin off of her face as Oliver quirked an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, okay, sure," he rolled his eyes. "What's his name?"

Daisy sputtered and stuttered, trying to wave off Oliver's question, "what name? There is no name."

"Daisy." Oliver said, "Why are you even trying to lie to me right now?" 

Daisy sighed. "I hate you."

"You really don't. What's his name."

"Zane."

"Zayn Malik?" He exclaimed, eyes wide in shock. 

"No!" Daisy sighed, "But I wouldn't mind if it was."

As hard as he was trying to keep up the tough guy demeanor, Oliver couldn't help but crack a smile. "So, Zane...what?"

"His name's Zane Hijazi, and it's not even anything! We're just hanging out today, not as a date, not as anything official, just...as friends," Daisy reasoned, for Oliver and low key for herself. 

"Zane Hijazi? Wasn't he that guy on vine?" Oliver asked, nose scrunching. 

"This is why I didn't want to say anything to you," Daisy groaned. 

"I'm not judging it's just, how did you guys even meet?" He asked. 

"Liza. Her and David told me that he was a fan and they asked me to surprise meet him for his birthday." She explained, pulling out her phone and finding the picture of them Zane had posted on his instagram earlier that morning. She showed the picture to Oliver, who then began to go through Zane's profile. 

"He seems okay," Oliver grumbled, which caused Daisy to frown. 

"Why are you being so defensive?" she asked. 

"I'm not trying to be so hard on him, it's just the fact that he's this big social media guy just kinda makes me nervous for you," he reasoned, a look of concern on his face as he gave back her phone. "I'm just saying, be careful around him."