Introduction

The Amazon Rainforest. The mighty Amazon River. There was a time that when I heard about the Amazon, I only thought of it as a place so amazing and far away. A place I would never see with my own eyes. In school growing up I learned about the canopy of the rainforest, the many animals that live in the jungle like monkeys, sloths, parrots and macaws, giant snakes, piranhas and even the pink river dolphins that live in the Amazon River. All those animals you only see in a zoo, right? 

            Now fast forward a few years, imagine this. I'm sitting on a small wooden boat with a roof made of banana leaves, my shoes kicked off to reveal my muddy, mosquito eaten feet. I'm headed up the Amazon River back to Iquitos after spending a few days in a village in the Amazon Jungle of Peru. The sunset is gorgeous over the river and the photographer side of me takes over as I snap several pictures. I can hear the sound of the boat motor going "Pequi Pequi Pequi Pequi" as we slowly move up the river. My heart is happy and full after spending days laughing with friends and playing with children in the village. 

Let me introduce myself, I'm probably not who you would imagine me to be. My name is Libby and I'm a 17 year old girl from a small town in the United States. I've lived on a farm since the day I was born and I love goats a little more than most people. Ok if we're being honest here, I'm crazy for goats. On my family's farm we have goats, cows, sheep, chickens, ducks, cats, and dogs. We've also had horses, pigs and rabbits in the past. I'm not popular, I don't have a lot of friends and most people might think I'm a bit weird (But that could just be the Social Anxiety speaking). I have 8 siblings, 5 younger and 3 older.  As far as my looks, I've got pale skin, shoulder length light brown hair with side bangs, brown eyes and I'm not the skinniest girl. I'm 5'4 and my siblings enjoy picking on me because I'm the shortest (of us who are old enough to count anyway). However in Peru, I'm the height of the average man. I'm pretty average looking for an american I suppose. 

You're probably wondering "Okay??? So how did you go from weirdo farm girl to a boat on the amazon??" Well friend. That is a long story. But yes, I will tell my story if you have the patience and if I don't bore you to death first. First of all, I still am a weirdo farm girl. I still live on a farm, in a small town in the USA. So don't be mistaken that I actually live in Peru, Because that's still a dream I have yet to accomplish....