Chapter 23: "The Awakening"

Opening her eyes Moonstar realized she was in the LeafClan camp, how did I get here, Moonstar drowsily. Goldenpetal entered the den and seemed releaved, "Oh good! You're up, I was worried that StarClan had taken you. That fox bite was pretty gross and smelled sour, then it just seemed to disappear."

"They did," Moonstar croaked, "But I have eight more lives. Any physical injuries disappear after the loss of a life."

Nodding Goldenpetal mewed, "Of course, I'll go tell the Clan that you're safe. Gleampaw was really worried."

Moonstar felt a surge of affection for her apprentice, Gleampaw had so much spirit that was hidden under focus. Although she still couldn't figure out why Gleampaw had said that the SquirrelClan territory was familiar. Moonstar's thoughts started to wander, I wonder how SquirrelClan's doing, I haven't seen much of them since the almost battle. Maybe Gleampaw and I could go spy on them just to get an idea of how their doing so we can attack them, for real this time.

Gleampaw cane running into the den and mewing, "After you told me to run I camp here to warn the Clan, and when they got there they said you were dead! But Skywing told them to put you in your den and that you'll be fine, and they didn't believe Skywing. Although I did, seeing as you are a leader and you have eight lives left."

"How did you know that leaders have nine lives? I don't remember any cat telling you." Moonstar questioned.

" I don't know how I knew that..." Gleampaw trailed off, "I seem to know or remember things that I don't really know how I knew or remembered it."

Moonstar's pondered, "Interesting, how about soon we go spy on SquirrelClan in a few sunrises. Seeing as you seemed to remember their territory when we were there."

Gleampaw nodded and sat down next to Moonstar, licking the leader between her ears. Moonstar calmed down and started to purr, she was reminded of when she was kit. I wonder how Gleampaw knew this would calm me... Moonstar's thoughts trailed off.

————-TIME SKIP——————-

Moonstar and Gleampaw were sneaking up into the trees, they were at the SquirrelClan camp and wanted to see what they were up to. Looking down Moonstar saw Dawnstep on the Fallen Oak, shouldn't  Pebblestar be there instead of Dawnstep?

Trying to listen to their conversation Moonstar heard some cat say, "But, Dawnstar...." the rest of their sentence was cut off by Dawnstar. Pebblestar's dead, and Dawnstep is now Dawnstar?! Moonstar couldn't believe it, how did Pebblestar die anyway?

Gleampaw interrupted Moonstar's thoughts, "Where is Redstar? Shouldn't he be sitting on the Fallen Oak?"

Moonstar was shocked, "Who told you about Redstar, and the Fallen Oak?"

"No cat told me, I remembered it. Somehow I remembered it." Gleampaw mewed.

"You remembered it?" Moonstar questioned. 

Nodding Gleampaw mewed, "Yeah, I seem to remember a lot of things. Although I don't know how, it's like I used to live in SquirrelClan or something." 

Then it hit Moonstar. The reason Gleampaw knew more than any other cat her age, why Gleampaw remembered things she was never told, and why she was always so worried about Moonstar. Gleampaw used to live in SquirrelClan in a previous life before she was driven out and had to leave her kit behind, that kit left behind was Moonstar. 

Hey! I know this was a kinda weird chapter, but you'll see where this is heading in time. Anyway, be sure to look out for Chapter 24, hopefully coming soon (to a theater near you XD)!