Chapter Five (Actual, finally after about two years)

Gah, I am so sorry all of you. I have no idea what even happened, I guess I just completely forgot about my wattpad account. A lot of crap went down in my life, but I'm alright and actually functioning as a human again, so here ya go~ Two years in the making. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I ran towards Kriss full speed and dodged the bullets she sent in my direction. I made it to her she swung the gun at my face. I bent backwards then quickly swept her legs out from under her. Her face morphed in horror as she began to fall. I could only focus on getting out, getting safe. I needed to find Maxon. 

I let out a yell of fury as she fell, taking the gun from her hand and pointing it at her. I felt my finger rest against the trigger, it would be so easy to just pull it. So simple to just end it once and for all. 

I shook my head, managing only to snarl out. 

"Stay down." 

I sprinted away, taking the gun with me. If I needed to I could use it. I didn't want to, but I could. 

I let out a breath, fighting the tears. The tears could come later, the tears couldn't help me now. They would only hinder me in my search. 

They had probably gone a fair distance away, depending on how they had gone. By car, it would be nearly impossible to catch up. Logically, it was the best way to go. But... had they gone that way? Had they gone a way where they could possibly get caught dragging the king out of his castle? 

would they really be willing to risk getting caught that quickly? 

I didn't know what to expect, or even what to do. But I followed my gut, knowing most of the time it hadn't lead me wrong. 

I ran toward the kitchens, knowing the way almost by heart. 

Maxon... I'm coming. Stay strong.