chapter three

TW

.

She fell to the floor after searching through everything, literally everything in the bathroom, no razors, nothing.

Her cheeks were now blotched with her tears; her wrists, thighs, and stomach all itchy just begging to be touch by the cold metal. But it was useless, she had no razors and those places would never be touched. So she laid on the floor, it was cold and comforting just like the fetal position that was her best friend in some of the worst times.

Her eyes closed but she never slept, and when sleep called her name she plugged her ears just mute that wretched voice. She just sat and cried, not for fear of not have razors, but for fear that her mother find her in the bathroom and ask why. All people do is ask, she hates questions- no, she hates the people who ask the questions.

Sitting up from about half an hour she slowly went back into the kitchen to see her mother at the counter cooking, no tear stained cheeks or messy 'I've-been-crying' hair; she was fine and small and porcelain like she had always been. She looked up at Alice and smiled not a wicked smile nor a completely 'happy to see you' one either, a smile; a very rare smile.

You see, Alice was stuck in a really awkward position:

She could either leave and get asked millions of questions or -- she could stay and sarcastic spats could be thrown at her face; like knives being thrown at clowns during a circus event.

"Mom," Her one word towards her mother wasn't a statement necessarily, it was more of a question wanting an answer.

"Yes, Alice." She turned from the chopping that she was doing and looked at her daughter straight in the face.

"Do you know if the church is still holding the group sessions, ya know, to talk. Remember how they used to do those on Sunday nights after church?" Alice layed her head down in her arms on the table.

"Yes, they do; why would you ask such a question?"

"Well, I wanted to go, maybe it would be good for me. Plus, free counseling." She sat up and shrugged them at the last part while her mother simultaneously chuckled.

"Well go, I think it starts soon. I agree with you for once, maybe it's best that you get a little help."

"Okay, I guess I'll go then, um, do I need to call anybody and let them know I'm coming? or-"

"I'll call the Reverend for you, but first come here." her mother held her arms out, a universal sign that says: 'Hug'

Alice walked to her mother and let her mother embrace her, it didn't feel so bad either. Maybe she needed stuff like this, encouragement from loved ones, like a cheesy doctor book would say.

"Oh, and I heard that there's this new boy that was at church today, he's your age, maybe if you keep this good attitude up and go to these things more often, and maybe just maybe if you get better, I'll put in a good word for you."

Oh My God...

No.

____________________________

Update! Update! Update! Are you proud or what? :D