Together

"Come on, buddy, we need to get you back to camp!" David says, trying to help Daniel up. The other male just glared up at him a bit.
"David, don't you understand what's happening here?! I'm dying! There's not something you can just give me! I'm sick... Sick on you." He growls, blood running down his chin. He couldn't help but feel angry. Why him? Why David? Why in the hell was it David?! He punches the ground before slowly rising to his feet, wiping the blood that trickled down his lip away with his free hand.
"Oh..." was David's only response. He had never seen Daniel this vulnerable. He didn't know how to react. He sure liked the other male an awful lot but- was it like that? Was he gay? He wasn't sure. He had to be. He definitely found Daniel attractive. Those mysterious blue eyes made him melt sometimes.
"I understand." Daniel says calmly, turning to leave. He'd let this kill him before he begged David for anything or even said anything else on the subject. He had far too much pride for that. His mind was swarming with thoughts, and by now they were all negative. Love? He had to have disappointed his cult by having such a negative emotion. David wouldn't love him anyway, not with all he had done. Suddenly, he felt himself get pulled into an embrace by the other male. David's hug had stopped his negative thoughts just as fast as it had physically stopped him. Maybe, just maybe, things would work out.
"While I may not fully understand what's happening, we'll figure this out together. Let's head back to camp, it's getting late! It- It can be like a sleepover!" David says, this being his effort to attempt to cheer up the broken man before him.
Daniel felt David was just saying this because of his generous and caring personality and not because he cared about him. He didn't want sympathy. He wouldn't have went back with David, had he not pulled him along. That's what he told himself, at least.