f i r s t e n c o u n t e r (I)

N e w Y o r k C i t y.

As usual, Aiden was walking by the sidewalks of the crowded Times Square. With his camera hanging from his neck, he made his way to the book store; he needed something new to vanish into.

The familiar and welcoming scent of coffee and unopened pages reached his nose as he entered the store. Cities of shelves full of colored small worlds formed the big space; and he couldn't help smile to himself.

At this hour, there were not so many people. The sky outside through the windows was already painted of the bluest color. He went straight to the poetry section, since he was craving for something to always have close to reach to. It wasn't the biggest section, but he was sure as hell it was the one with the most meaning and heart put there.

He was naturally passing by searching for his favorite author when a movement caught his eye. Leaning down on her knees, with the darkest hair he has ever seen falling over her face, a girl searched with most concentration through the shelves. Aiden couldn't help but stare, hiding half of his body behind another bookshelf. A moment later, her fingers placed the flicks of hair that hid her face behind her ear, and lovely golden cinnamon cheeks appeared.  She frowned her lips, undecided of which one of the two books in her hand to pick. She sighed, shrugged and decided for the one in her right hand. Flawlessly, she got up and started to walk away.

He made his way through the maze of books, following her; forgetting about what he came into the store for. It was completely idiotic and weird, even stalking, but he had the oddest feeling. He went silently behind her, but not before checking which was the book she had left behind; making a mind note of its title: "Uncaged Wallflower" by Jennae Cecelia. Aiden saw her pay her book and go outside, to the heat and noisy city.

His camera on his chest felt alive, beating; urging him to take just one picture of her. A reminder of how beauty is found in the most unexpected places, days and moments. And with no hesitation, he picked it in his hands and placed it in his eye, and observed in silence.