b o o k s & f a n g i r l i n g

Signing with his head, Aiden asked if he may sit on the seat beside hers. Sofie was still trying to comprehend what just happened, absorbing in her mind the adorable way he just asked for her phone number. Did he just buy a ticket just to talk to me one more time?; she thought to herself. His face broke slowly into a frown, and she saw he was still waiting for an answer. Taking out her bag and stuff, she smiled and gestured with her hand for him to sit down.

Without keeping his eyes off of her, Aiden sat down and grinned. She let out a soft chuckle and looked away. The bus made a low bumping sound as it woke to life, and started moving.

Aiden had no idea where to begin, what to say, how to act... She was so close and she smelled so good. He took a glimpse at her and their eyes met. Hers were of the most brownish coffee color; he could almost sense a cup of black morning coffee meeting his lips. They wrinkled on the sides when she smiled, almost closing. He couldn't help the warm feeling that ran through his body as she looked away smiling still. He thought about something to say, and saw the plastic book store bag hidden between her feet. Brilliant!

"A bookworm, huh?"

She glanced at the bag and back at him, and smiled.

"By vocation, yes." She laughed. "I bought five back in the City."

"Interesting, since I'm also a book lover myself. I'm not the type who let's everyone know it, but I love to read in the privacy of the night."

"Which one is your favorite book so far?"

"That's a hard question, although I haven't read that many. But if I had to choose one... I guess, Six of Crows. The second book to be exact, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo."

Sofie's eyes glimmered and her lips let through a sweet grin. His heart started to beat a bit more faster.

"You have a sensational taste! That duology is my favorite so far."

"Which one is your favorite one?"

She didn't hesitate not even for a fraction of second.

"Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe by Bejamin Alire Sáenz. It is the most beautiful, heart-griping, inspiring story you will ever read. It is simply precious."

The way she spoke about it, with such passion and admiration, made Aiden want to kiss her. But the thought just crossed his mind like a blur, though it didn't past unnoticed...

"Never heard of it."

"Well, you should read it. You'll thank me later."

A mischievous smile grew on her lips. Aiden found odd how easy it was to share words with her. Even if they only were about books.

"Will do." He grinned back. "So, what books did you bought today?"

Reaching for the bag, a bit of skin of her back showed when her shirt slid up. Aiden tried to keep his eyes away, it was hard enough to breathe already.

"Um... This one is titled Every Last Word. I picked it up because I kind of identify with the main character. This one is City of Bones, of the Mortal Instruments series. I finished yesterday the second book of the Infernal Devices prequel and I thought I might give a shot at the rest of the series..."

She showed him and spoke of the reasons why she had picked up those and how hard was to reject the other ones. All Aiden could do to not lose is composure and maintain his mind clear was read the synopsis of each book she handed him. Everything about her was hypnotizing. The way she talked, so free and sure of herself. How her hair fell to the sides of her face. How her lovely morning sky pink lips curved into sheepishly smiles when she caught him staring at her too dumbly... Once, her fingers roce his and it felt as a million of sparks ran through out his body.