Chapter 2

The first thing I noticed was how bright it was. My eyes adjusted fast, but it still took a few seconds. (That's short, right?) I then saw the towering buildings. I remembered my old owner Benny saying they were hotels. "Those dag-nab tourists," He would say. "Polluting our beaches, then leaving like they had nothing to do with it." No idea what that meant, but it sounded important. I made memory of that on account of him saying that so much. It just stuck in my brain.
     Anyway, there was more than one car in the lot, as one is as far as I can count. As we walked out, I saw a sign that said, "Miami Animal Shelter."
Bryan had to get in back of the car. It was a weird car, and there was a picture of a horse on the front. I hated horses so much,... "Hey! Cool it Orion!" What was that about? Oh! I somehow started growling. I cooled it instantly. I used to ride up front with Benny, but  Mrs.... Mrs... I just realized I didn't know their names. Huh.
     Anyway, the woman sat up front, the man drove, and I sat in back with Bryan who immediately put on headphones and was listening to his music WAY too loud.
I barked at him to let him know this. He just glared at me, and the dad said, "Bryan play with him!" Bryan didn't hear him, and just looked out the window. I then did something I am not proud of: I grabbed his phone in my mouth, and pulled it away from him.
Bryan, shocked, had this look on his face that made it all worth it. He then said a few things I'm sure he didn't mean, and I knew we were both in trouble. I started to lick his hand, and he swore some more.
After what felt like forever, we stopped. Then, the dad got out, knocked on Bryan's door, Bryan whom had fallen asleep sometime on the ride, and then came over and opened my door. I hopped out, and ran around the yard, ending up at the door. "Welcome home, Orion." And with that, we went inside.