Chapter 5

I had never heard of a human killing another. But that was what had happened. Some one killed Mrs. Stevia and the officer had hired Jerry  to find out who killed her, because he is a detective, but he wanted us to try and find out who.
Bryan was depressed (apparently he was close to her) and wouldn't do anything for a day. After that, we went to work.
- - -
We first went to Mrs. Stevia's house. Bryan has his license, so we took the Mustang. We found nothing, because everything had been removed by the police as "evidence." Whatever that was. But then I smelled something. I didn't know what to do, so I barked.
Bryan came running over, and asked what the matter was. Then he snickered. "Of course you can't understand me. You're a dog!" If only he knew. Any way, I smelled someone. Someone, familiar. And then it hit me: Michael. I growled, mainly because I remembered how Bryan threw him out the other day. I knew Bryan hated him, so that meant I did, too. I barked once more, then growled.
     Bryan laughed, then asked again what the matter was. He patted me, and then scratched me behind the ear, where I never seem to be able to get, then stood up and left the house. I followed, wagging my tail, happy as a... what was that expression? I never understood it. A clam? Was that it? Ah. Oh well. Doesn't matter now. Moments gone. 
     We headed home, and parked the car. We then went inside, where dinner was being cooked. It smelled delicious. Linguini and clams. Wasn't I just thinking about clams? I couldn't remember. Oh well. Dinner was ready.