#1- Zoo Trip

Character List

Emmie : A crazy yet sweet and caring 6th grader who is the best friend of Molly. Editor of this particular tale. So if you see grammar errors, they are all Molly's fault.

Molly : Another crazy 6th grader obsessed with getting good grades and not getting a boyfriend and the best friend of Emmie. Narrator of this particular story.

Tomas : Tall, blonde, and is one of two of the grade's "crushes", at least to most girls.

Jacob : Nerdy, secluded, and plays in the band. Subject to torment from Molly. (Emmie trys to keep her from hurting him too bad.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks before this story was posted (Not before the event itself)

Molly: Are you sure you didn't have a crush on Jacob?

Emmie: Yes!! OMG how many times do I have to tell you? He's GROSS!!!!

Molly; Ok, just know this is going on Wattpad.

Emmie: (Question emogi) Do I look like I care?

Molly: Good point.

-

So, our school, one of the best public schools in the city, is directly across from the city zoo. And every year from kindergarten to 6th grade, they take us on a field trip to the zoo. At first the trips were fun and intriguing, then they became just plain boring.

Well, it has come to that time for our last annual zoo trip. It was my 4th trip and Emmie's 1st. This was also her first year here.

Our school's form of transportation for this trip was a pair of shoes for every student (not that the school buy them, it just means that we walked). All we really had to do was cross the Parkway and walk a block to the entrance. It wasn't very far or very hard, but this time, there was one critical difference.

Emmie had a crush on Tomas, and no one knew at that time except her. I was about to find out in a very hysterical and abnormal manner.

-

"Please tell me who you have a crush on. Please," I'm begging Emmie. For three weeks she has been teasing me. Finally, she said she would tell me on the way to the zoo. Now we were on our way and she still wasn't opening up.

"Nope," Emmie replied, popping the "p". "Just wait a little bit longer. M'kay?" She looked behind her.

"No, not okay. Tell me now!" I was growing impatient with her procrastination. "Why can't you tell me now? You promised you would tell me on the way to the zoo."

"Did I?" She looked over her shoulder again. Only this time, when she turned back around, excitement and nervousness found their way into her expression. "Okay, now I can tell you."

I looked at her in anticipation. Come on, be someone worthy of the attention of my best friend.

Emmie took a deep breath. "Okay, look behind you. That's him." She was staring at the apparently now interesting sidewalk as she said this in a hushed voice.

I turned quickly to see....................

JACOB!?

I was stunned. When Emmie asked me what was the matter, I nearly shouted "You like Jacob?" and pointed behind me.

"WHAT!?" Emmie whirled around with a look of horror plastered to her face. Everyone around us was staring. She saw who was behind us and turned bright red. I started laughing hysterically.