Chapter 1: Sophie is moving

Today was moving day for Sophie, I can't believe my best friend I have known for 4 years is moving.  Sophie is my best friend in the whole world, she is the only one that understands me and now to know she is leaving I don't know what I am going to do, or who I will hang out with. I just hope Sophie has fun at her new house and school and I hope she meets nice people and continues talking to me. Last night I spent the night at her house it was like a goodbye sleepover. We watched movies and played games. I walk into Sophie's bedroom before having to go home and I see her packing with tears strolling down her face. "I am going to miss you so much Sara." Sophie started crying really hard.  I ran up to her and gave her a big hug. I know it is hard for Sophie to move, it would be hard on me too. I tried to stay strong for Sophie but as I hugged her tears started strolling down my face. A few minutes later a car horn honked and that was my parents. "I love you Sophie. Have fun at your new place. I am always here for you. Best friend forever." I whispered to Sophie before leaving the room. Then I walked out and that was the last time I saw her before leaving her house.  I got in the car with my parents and saw Sophie waving while crying even harder. I started to cry harder because I knew it will be a long time before I see her again. Tomorrow is the first day of school and Sophie was supposed to come with me but now she can't and I do not know what I am going to do. The next morning it was time for school and I was very down. I didn't know who I would sit with at lunch, talk to, or hang out with. My mom dropped me off at school and I took a deep breath and took my first big step without Sophie on my side. "Have fun honey. You will make more friends I promise. Stay true to yourself." My mom said before I walked in. I smiled at her trying to put on a brave face then I walked in. So it was almost the end of the day and I still didn't make any friends. In class our teacher wanted us to partner up and talk about ourselves and nobody wanted to partner up with me. I sat in my desk all by myself. After that it was finally lunch time but I was not excited because I will be sitting by myself. I looked around and saw everyone had there own little group they sat with and a lot of those kids had friends. I was sitting in the far back tables where no one sits and not one person has said hello to me. I was getting ready to head to my next class and I was carrying tons of books when a boy who was in a rush to get in his class ran into me and all my books fell to the ground. "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I didn't see you. Are you okay?" Asked the worried boy as he picked up my books. "I am alright." I replied shyly. "My name is EJ. What is your name?" Asked EJ. "My name is Sara. I never heard the name EJ before." I smiled. EJ looked down "I know, it is a stupid name." EJ said in sadness. I looked up at him "No it is not. It is very unique!" I told him. "Thanks." EJ smiled at me. The bell rang for our class and then EJ ran to his class. I blushed as I walked to me class and I hope I will see him again.