Chapter 2: EJ

The first week of school was almost over. It was already Thursday and I still have no friends. I haven't seen EJ in a while either. I just wish Sophie would come back. I miss her so much but she hasn't contacted me yet. I hope she is okay. I do not have good grades because for some reason I just can't comprehend everything especially in Math. I did not like math one bit. I struggled badly in math and the teacher was not a fan of me because of my grade. I try my hardest to focus but my mind goes off thinking about Sophie. As I was doing my work in Math this girl walked up to me and I was expecting a hello but that is far from what happened. "You must be the new girl. Sara right?" Asked the girl. "Yea, what is your name?" I asked with a smile not knowing what she was up to. The girl looked at me and laughed "I can't believe a looser like you would ask me that. My name is Sharla and I am the best girl in this school. I am warning you now to not get in my way." I looked up in fear. "I am in no way trying to stand in your way. I just come here to learn." I replied to her. Sharla grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of my chair. I was shaking. "You will never make any friends here. You do not belong in this school. You better not stand in my way you freak." As she was carrying on what she was trying to say EJ walked up. "Leave her alone Sharla!" EJ snapped at her.  Sharla turned to him. "Excuse me! I am just telling this girl my place in this school." Sharla grinned. EJ took my hand and looked at Sharla one last time. "You have no place in this school in my book." EJ then took me away from Sharla. "You should tell the teacher the things Sharla said to you." EJ said to me in concern. I looked away. "I am just ready to go home." I couldn't even give him eye contact because I wanted to cry and I didn't want him to see me cry. "You shouldn't let Sharla do this to you Sara. You are better then her. You are a really good friend of mine." EJ told me in a soft voice trying to comfort me. I smiled because for once I finally had a friend. I finally looked up at him. "You are right EJ I should tell her." He smiled back at me. "Want me to come up with you?" EJ asked. "Yes, please." I replied. I walked up to my teacher with EJ by my side. "Mrs. Kendall, I just wanted to tell you that Sharla was being really mean to me. I want something to be done so she won't bother me anymore." I explained shyly. Mrs. Kendall looked up at me "Honey, just ignore it. I am sure what she said wasn't as bad as you make it sound. Now go finish your work." She replied in a firm voice not seeming to care on bit. That is when EJ stepped in. "Mrs. Kendall, I heard everything Sharla said and what she said was not right! Please help Sara out. She doesn't deserve this." Mrs. Kendall sighed. "Just get over it." Mrs. Kendall mumbled not knowing I overheard her. Finally the bell rang and it was time to go home. I ran out of the classroom in tears. EJ followed me and grabbed me by the arm. "Sara wait, please. I am a witness I heard everything Sharla said. Let's go tell the principle because he would do something about it." I looked up at him "Just forget about it!" I snapped and ran out of the school to go home.  I am glad EJ was worried about me but I just wish we didn't say anything. I feel we made it worst. I met my mom halfway towards home and I gave her a big hug and cried in her arms. "Honey, what happened?" She asked me worriedly. "I hate that school mom! I just want Sophie back! People are so mean!" I yelled. "Come on honey, let's head home and tell me everything that happened today." My mom said calmly. She took me by the hand and we walked home. "So, what happened today?" She asked me. "A girl bullied me badly today." I replied softly. "What did was her name? Also what did she do?" I started to cry a little bit more. "Her name is Sharla. She told me that I didn't belong in that school and that I will make no friends. Which is true mom, I have no friends in that school whatsoever." My mom stopped me and looked at me. "Honey, I am so sorry. You will make friends darling. Sometimes it takes more time for a friendship to build. Is there anyone that you talk to?" She asked in concern. I then remembered EJ and started to blush. "Well, there is this boy named EJ and he is really nice. I guess he is my friend. He stood up for me today." We continued walking. "That's good to hear. Did you ever tell the teacher?" She asked. I started to cry again "I tried and she was awful to me. My math teacher, Mrs. Kendall. She told me to get over it." My mom was in shock. "Honey, you should tell the principle." She answered still in shock. "I didn't want to make it worst. Can we just forget about all of this? I just want to get home." I told her. "Okay honey. When we get home I made some chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate. I have a movie we can watch and you can tell me more about EJ." She said in a smile. "All I have to really say is my only friend in that whole school is EJ." I blushed. My mom smiled and we walked home and had a good night after that. I told her everything I knew about EJ and how nice he was. I also told her I have a little crush on EJ. I think EJ will become one of my good friends and I can't wait to see him tomorrow.