Chapter 6: Sharla is a bully

It was finally morning and I was a nervous wreck. I couldn't even eat my breakfast. "Honey, you have to eat something." My mom said softly. I was to nervous to reply. We finally arrived at the school and I could feel the butterflies. My mom looked at me with a sad look she knew I was nervous. She felt bad but I had to go. "You will be okay honey. I promise. Think about Midnight." She said trying to cheer up. I started to cry "I do not want to go mom. What if Sharla says something again?" My mom started to tear up. "You have to go honey, if she says something go to the principle. I love you." She said softly. I got out of the car and softly said "I love you too." Then I headed inside. This time I was shaking and I think I had an anxiety attack. I got inside and went good the first three bells but then came lunch time. I was sitting with EJ and we were just talking away about our weekend. Then a pretty tall girl with long blonde hair came over and it was Sharla. I got very nervous because I was afraid she was going to say something and that is exactly what happened. "Hey Sara. How are you and your boyfriend today?" Sharla asked in a really high voice. EJ looked up at Sharla "Can you please leave her alone. Go bug someone else." EJ said softly. Sharla laughed "You really think I am going to listen to you EJ because I am not. Sara is a big looser and nobody likes her! She will never have friends in this school!" Sharla snapped. I looked away with tears coming down my face. EJ stood up and shouted "I like her and I am her friend! Leave this girl alone!" Sharla laughed again. Sharla then turned to me "Look you little girl. You will never have friends! No one cares about you! Not even EJ he is just playing an act." Sharla whispered in my ear. I finally stood up "You know what Sharla, just leave me alone! I do have people who care for me. I have EJ, My best friend Sophie, My family and my horse!" I snapped at her. Sharla grinned "A horse! Haha! That horse doesn't care about you! I feel bad for him if he has to stay with you!" Sharla laughed again as she shouted. That is when Sharla crossed the line. I ran out of the cafeteria with tears strolling down my face so fast. I ran into the bathroom and just sat in there for the last three bells. I can tell there is not going to be a stop to this. Sharla is a bully. Finally after about 3 and a half hours later of just sitting in there the dismissal bell rung and I ran out of that school. EJ saw me run out and caught up to me "Are you okay? I didn't see you Math." EJ said concerned.  I didn't reply to him and just continued walking home. EJ turned around and headed to his home with a sad look. I got home and went to the barn where my beauty was. Midnight was excited to see me. He whinnied as soon as he saw me. "Hey boy." I started to cry. Midnight pulled up closer and put his head in my arms where I could easily talk in his ear. He could see I was sad. Midnight listened and I told him everything. "Today was probably the worst school day ever. Sharla bullied me today really bad. She told me I will never have friends and that no one cares about me." I cried into Midnight's forelock. Midnight did a soft nicker as if he was saying everything will be okay. After a few minutes of talking to Midnight I went back up to the house to see my mom. I knew she was probably worried about me. I walked in and sat at the kitchen table with my phone wishing Sophie would contact me. I miss Sophie so much. "Honey, you ready to go to the tack shop?" My mom asked holding Jacob. I nodded and went to the car. I did not feel like talking to anyone. My mom put Jacob in his car seat, I sat in the front seat and my mom started the car. My mom looked over at me "What's wrong honey?" My mom said softly. That is when I let my emotions all out.  "Sharla was mean to me today.  She told me I will never have friends and that no one cares about me. Then she had the nerve to tell me that she feels bad for Midnight belongs to me." My mom was in shock. She couldn't believe what kids were saying to me. "Did you tell someone?" My mom asked me. I shook my head "No. I ran out of the cafeteria and into the bathrooms and stayed there the rest of the school day." My mom turned to me "Honey, I am sorry you had to go through that but you shouldn't of skipped class." We finally arrived at the tack shop and I was excited to get stuff for Midnight. When I got out of the car my mom and Jacob gave me a big hug "It will get better sweetie, I promise." My mom whispered. Jacob took me by the hand "Come Sara, let's get stuff for the horsey." Jacob cried in excitement.  I smiled at my mom and brother then went with Jacob inside. This tack shop was amazing. My eyes lit up with excitement. They had English and Western saddles, bridles, grooming kits, halters, etc. I went to the halter section first and they had this violet halter with black hearts on it. I loved it and my mom did too. Then I went to where the grooming kits are and they had this purple and black kit. I also picked out a black lead rope with purple stripes. "These are great choices honey." My mom said with a smile. We went up to the register and they said that we could put Midnight's name on the halter and my mom let them. It was so cool. Then as they were putting his name on the halter I looked over and they had bracelets where you can put your horse's name on it.  I immediately showed my mom and she agreed to buy it. This day did start pretty bad but it ended really good.