Three

"We honestly should just go home Reed; this isn't a good idea." I try to say as quietly as possible.

"Hazel we have to make an appearance for at least fifteen minutes, then we can go to my house and watch How I Met Your Mother." He smirked knowing that was an offer I couldn't turn down.

"As long as I can get some Ben & Jerry's ice cream on the way we've got a deal." I smile. This boy knows me too damn well.

"Deal." He says through subtle laughs.

I walk downstairs and see Luca sulking in the corner and Violet dancing with the pool stick before sinking the five ball.

"Nice!" I shout above the music they have playing downstairs.

"Hazel!... With Reed?" She looked excited but extremely confused at the same time; it was priceless.

"Long time no see Violet." Reed said flashing his award winning smile.

"Hey yea cool catch up later, listen Vi were not staying for long." I say giving her a half sympathetic smile.

"Oh really?" She said giving me a not so discreet wink.

"Nice seeing you Vi," I say walking away pulling Reed along with me. He's laughing up a storm.

"I forgot your friends all think we were dating once upon a time." He says through fits of laughter.

I just smile and laugh to myself while regretting coming back in the first place. Maybe that's the reason why he wanted me to come back. Maybe he just wanted those rumors to start again to make his ex jealous. That makes me feel great.

I wanted to leave more than ever now, but Reed seems to notice Luca across the room and walks right over to him.

I stay by the staircase ready for a quick retreat if need be. God only knows what will happen between those two.

They've always had some beef going on between them no matter what, and once they resolved their old problem, a new one came up. I think the latest is that Luca is the reason why Juli broke up with Reed.

I honestly don't know what's going on between them anymore. I don't really care either.

As I'm watching them I notice Reed beginning to clench up his fists and Luca staying at me from across the room. I look at my phone to check to see what time it was.

"Leave her alone you douchebag!" I heard Reed shout at him.

Oh god.

I ran up to Reed pulling him away before they start punching each other. I swear for just once, one time, can they get along?

"Let's go." I say as I pull him towards the stairs and out the door.

"I can handle myself just fine Hazel," he grumbles, "I don't need you watching out for me."

At that I laugh because I know if I didn't pull him away, he would be spitting out blood, and Luca would be in the hospital.

"What happened anyway?"

"Nothing he just said something rude." I could tell there was more he wasn't telling me, but there's no point in forcing him to tell me now.

Once we're outside I glance over to him and see he was already looking at me. I look back down at feet and could feel my checks getting warm. God dammit, for once I wish I couldn't blush.

"So are we going back to my house?" He asks.

"Yes, but first you also promised I could get my ice cream." I correct him.

"Alright well we should just take one car, and your car is too small for my legs," He smirks, "So we are taking mine."

I swear he loves his car more than anything else. So it doesn't phase me that he wanted to be the one to drive. I'm not complaining, less gas I'm going to have to pay for.

"How am I going to get my car back to my house then?"

"I'll drive you back to your car later," he shrugs, "No biggie."

I hop into his car and we head to Walmart. I keep imagining the isle of ice cream waiting for me once I get there.

"You don't have to come in, I won't be long." I sigh as I physically jump out of his car.

"Oh no, I'm coming in with you otherwise you'll never leave." He laughs.

I laugh too because he's being completely honest. If I could I would walk around Walmart and smell every single candle. And he knows it.

We walk in and he pushes me in cart. I could walk but he needs the workout.

He turns down the isle with the Ben & Jerry ice cream. I scan through to find my go to and tell him to take it out. He gets his own and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What happened to 'my coach has ya on a diet'?" I ask jokingly. He never eats ice cream, especially during football season.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." He smirks.

He then does a 180 and pushes us towards the cash registers. We put our two pints of ice cream on the belt and the lady begins ringing them up.

I reach down in my pocket to grab a ten out. Once I fished it out I see that Reed already paid.

"Thanks for making me waste my time."

"Do remember I'm the one driving you to my house then back to your car." He says.

"Which is exactly why I wanted to pay for the ice cream."

"Never in a million lifetimes, H."

With that I climb out of the cart and begin to walk it back to the doors.

We got in his car after jogging quickly to his car. It's only October and I can tell winter is coming like next week.

He gets ready to plug in his phone for the aux but I quickly take it out of his hands and put it in my phone. He looks at me confused and somewhat hurt.

"I have Spotify premium." I say without hesitation. I hate his commercials on Pandora. Who even uses that anymore?

I put on my car tunes playlist and hope my one single one direction song doesn't come on first right now.

When one of my Drake songs coming on he just smiles to himself and chuckles lightly. I just sat and mouthed the words while he drove to his house.

I miss when things where easy like this. When I could just spend a night with my best friend and not worry about how mad his girlfriend will be when she finds out.

Bruno Mars 'Versace on the Floor' came up next and I turned it up. I just sat there dancing and taking off my jacket I had on while Reed watched and laughed.

"You know, if I wasn't driving I would totally take a video of you right now." He smirked.

"Good thing your driving now."

I continued to dance along and sing completely out of tune. Every now and then I could her Reed chime in but he'd have to stop because he's either forgot the words or was laughing too hard.

Everything was going great until I saw a pair of headlights coming straight for us. With Reed singing along to the song I pull the steering wheel to try to miss the oncoming car. Instead I can feel the car floating through the air almost before hearing the metal crush like a soda can.

I hear Reed say something but I couldn't make out exactly what it was. I look over at him thinking this would be the last time I ever saw him.

Then everything went dark.