Two

"What do you want Reed?" We've been here for almost an hour and the only thing he's talk to me about is how he wants to get a new car. I'm not complaining, especially since everyone at Lexi's probably still hasn't noticed I left.

"What do you mean? I wanted to spend time with you."

"No I mean what do you really want?"

When someone texts you for the first time in weeks saying 'we need to talk', you'd figure it's about something important and not just cars.

He sighed and sat there looking down at his plate of fries and a huge bacon cheeseburger. After about five minutes, he looked up and kept opening his mouth as if he was trying to say something, but nothing would come out.

"I just needed someone to talk to. Juli just broke up with me and every time I mention her my guys start up with the 'bros' thing."

I looked at him. I could tell he's been keeping it in for a while which is never good for him. I swear he doesn't tell you he failed a test and he gets all angry then explodes over you eating one of his fries.

"How long has it been?"

"Almost three weeks." He sighed looked down while shoving three more fries into his mouth.

"Reed, you can't do that."

"Do what?" He day there looking more confused than he does in chemistry which is saying a lot.

"You can't keep things like that to yourself for so long. You get grumpy over little things."

"Do not."

"Reed you didn't tell me you lost your headphones and got mad at me for asking for a piece of paper in math."

"Ok you got me. I'm sorry."

I looked at his eyes and I could see the bags underneath them proving the fact that he's been losing sleep over this.

"No I'm sorry. You know I'm always here to talk right? I don't want you to put yourself through hell because you don't think I'm here for you."

"Listen H, I didn't mean to not come to you. It's just it happened so fast and I just wanted some time to think it over."

"It's fine." I sighed finishing off my second milkshake.

"Weren't you at a friends house? You never leave them what's going on?" He asked which is funny considering he just realized that.

"Yeah, I just needed a break, no big deal."

"It is a big deal H. Once you get to your friends house you don't leave until your parents ask you if you're alive. What happened?" He asked but I had a feeling he somehow knew.

"I just... I went there to have a girls night then Luca was there and I don't know. They all seemed to care about him more than me." I wanted another milkshake but I knew if I got another I would have to tell the whole story.

"I think you should just go back there. They miss you. I know I did." I smiled at that because we haven't talked like this since he started dating Juli. She saw me as a threat even though me and Reed have been just friends since he moved here freshmen year.

"I warned you she was going to break your heart." I smirked trying to make a joke, but it's too soon. I quickly apologized because he just started talking to me again and I know if I don't he won't talk to me again for a while.

"Since you reminded me, I should go back to Lexi's." I said and I put a 20 down for my two milkshakes and Reed's bacon burger.

"How about I come with you? Maybe keep you company so if they ignore you again you at least have someone?"

"Did you forget about the part when I said Luca was there?" I feel like he forgets that Luca hates his guts.

"I will suffer through his hateful stares for my Hazel." He smiled. I missed this and him. I needed my Guy. Best. Friend. back.

"Ok but you've been warned so there will not be any complaining." I smiled as he got in his Toyota Runner and I in my Hyundai Elantra.

I plugged my phone into the aux and started heading for Lexi's. Every now and then I would check my mirror to make sure Reed was there. We pulled in and he immediately got out of his car while I sat there just staring at my dash.

"I mean we don't have to go back in technically."

"Nope, you've got to come back strong. We're going in Hazel." He said physically dragging me out of my car and into the house. I looked like a limp rag doll in he's arms.

As soon as I opened the door I took a deep breath knowing that shit was going to hit the fan real soon.