Arrival

The first time Timothy had ever seen the newly appointed servant of the prince work hard, was after the boy had spent three hours getting pelted with rotted fruits. Timothy himself was a servant too, and a proud one at that; he was responsible for the shining floor in the Great Hall. 

The prince's servant, named Hugh, was a pasty young man with roughly chopped brown hair. His green eyes were always wide as if in disbelief and his thin lips were always ready to give a sarcastic remark. He was lanky, all sharp angles and bones  covered in a threadbare tunic and breeches. He was currently running with a very sharp, and very large sword- the prince's favourite- and was very late. 

He jumped over a crouching maid, and spun around a group of playing children hiding from the storm outside. The guest had arrived sooner than expected with this weather. Hugh jumped to his master and handed the weapon over. The prince merely rolled his eyes and strode forward. The guest in question was a tall and broad knight, with a yellow cape billowing behind him. The only other person was his servant. Short, clad in a dark cape and dress, she was nearly invisible. 

Yet Hugh noticed her and couldn't look away. He caught her dark eyes and nodded hurriedly as a greeting. She looked to a point behind him. Confused he turned, just in time for the large stone to hit his head and knock him down. Just before his eyes went dark, he remembered the kids playing with some pebbles and resolved to have a talk with them. His head hit the ground, just slipping past the outstretched hands of the prince and he lost consciousness. 

When he woke up, it was in his crappy cot, on his worn, straw-filled mattress. The other servant was sitting next to him. She was nursing a rather large bump on the back of her head. They spent a few seconds looking at each other before he raised his hand. 

"I'm Hugh."

"Luna." She blinked, stretching her hand. 

He hurried to grab it, only for her to reach past his palm and clasp his forearm like a knight. Somehow at that moment, no matter how amusing the gesture should have been, Hugh realised that this girl would manage to bring doom upon his peaceful live.