Intro: Tumblr is my friend!

"How come you never want to go to any parties?" Julie asked me. We were sitting in my bedroom on a Friday night when Charlie is having a party right next door.

"Because Charlie will always be there and I hate that kid," I explained.

"You are overreacting, Bella. You have been obsessed with him since the fourth grade, I think you’re secretly in love with him,” Julie looked away.

“I do not under any circumstances love him. And the only reason that I am, as you say, ‘obsessed’ with him is because he will not leave me alone. Ever since that day in fourth grade I don’t like him and he has never left me alone. As long as I’m away from him, I’m good.”

“You live next to him,” Julie sighed, “You are basically never away from him. Especially since you, like, never leave home. I am your only friend.”

“Tumblr is my friend! And if I can eat, sleep, and be on the internet, home is where I need to be,” I stuck my chin up proud. I could barely see Julie roll her eyes with the faint glow of Christmas lights in my room but I knew her well enough to know that she rolled them. I bet I would be able to tell what direction and the angle in which she rolled them. I would but that would require a lot of work and work is not my forte.

“Well, I want to go to a rocking party with my best friend, not have her locked up in her room wrapped up in a duvet because she’s scared of a guy,” she sighed and stood up.

“Fine!” I gave in, “One party. The only party that I will be attending this entire year. That’s all. Let’s go.”

“You’re going like that?” she looked me up and down disapprovingly. I looked down at my Mickey Mouse muscle tee and black skinny jeans with holes at the knee.

“Yes, I happen to like this outfit, thank you very much,” I crossed my arms at her.

“Don’t complain about not getting laid by your true love, then,” she singsonged out the door as I slid on my shoes.

“Trust me,” I said before slamming my door closed, “Charlie Dowers is not my true love.”