1

U N I T Y .

~~

Good day in my mind, safe to take a step out
Get some air now, let your edge out

I rocked back and forth to the sound of my music playing whilst in my gaming chair.

Too soon, I spoke, you be heavy in my mind Can you get the heck out? I need rest now, got me bummed out.

I stared at my ceiling fan as it slowly turned before hearing a light knock on my door,"Kei" I turned my gaming chair to face my door before grabbing my phone to turn my headphones down,"You're the only person that I know that listens to music inside their room." She walked in leaning on my door frame," just listen to it out loud.

"Music doesn't sound the same when I listen to it "out loud"." I said tossing my phone on my desk," what brings you into my room anyway. I thought I told you to knock before you come in." I said.

"I did knock and I came in." She said looking around confused. "Yea, I heard but you're supposed to wait for an actual answer before you enter."

"My request is too urgent to be waiting for approval." She said coming into my room a little more,"I wanted to ask you if you could.. go somewhere today?"I furrowed my eyebrows at my roommate Carol.

"For what?"I asked.She stared at me before scratching her head,"If you must know...Tyler is coming over." I groaned turning my chair away from her "Can't you just go to his house?"

She ran to stand in front of me to beg me,"I know you hate him but you know his mom doesn't like me over there with him."She said pressing her thumbs, "Right he still lives with his mother."I rolled my eyes turning my computer chair towards my window even more.

"Please Kei," she grabbed my chair to face her,"We won't be that long. Give us two hours." I fixed my gaze on her. "Two hours- For what?"I asked her she turned read in the cheeks slightly, "Well.. I mean...you know what boyfriends do -"

"Never mind I don't even want to know."I said shaking my head in disgust at the thought and ripping my hands from her grasp, "We are just hanging out today. Can't you just go out and do something with your boyfriend SeokJin?"

I felt the blood rush to my ears when she said that, "He isn't my boyfriend."I said," why do you say stupid things."

"Well, your friend!"I could hear the smile in her voice. " I don't know Carol."I said staring out the window squinting feeling the sun rays on my cheeks. I held my hand up to cover it up.

"Please," Carol asked. I looked stared outside of room a little longer,"if you wanted I would do the same." I sighed and looked down and my old Nikon camera caught my eyes. "I spent so much money on that camera. I still haven't taken any photos." I muttered, "I'll go."I said standing up slowly stretching,"You guys have an hour and a half."

"Eek! Kei what would I do without you!" She said happily before running off closing my door behind her. I let out a small sigh reaching for my phone looking down at my slightly cracked screen and unlocked my phone. I clicked SeokJin's contact and paused for a second.

I don't wanna bother him. What if he's doing something important? I feel like I've already been a burden to him.

I jumped when my phone vibrated nearly making it fall out my hand. and it was him calling me. I answered after a few second,"Hello?"

"You're so quick to answer the phone for me." His deep voice said in a sweet honey like tone,"It's like we're romantically telepathic-"

"I was using my phone when you called."I said making sure my voice had some weight to it. He laughed at me. "What were you doing?"He asked."I actually was about to call you to ask if you wanted to hang out?"