Getting to know

It's ten minutes after five o'clock, I'm walking my way to the music room for our practice. I'm the vocalist of our band while Kyle is the keyboard player, JC and Karlos is our guitarists, and Matthias is our drummer. I don't freaking know why did they named our band dentelle et épines. Witty din nila eh, it's a French word meaning Lacey and Thorns.

I was near to the music room when I passed by the auditorium. The door was sligtly open and I can hear a piano playing. I took a peek at the door and saw Benj at the stage, playing the piano. He's alone.

Dahil malayo na tayo
Kumukupas na ang mundo
Sumpaan pala'y nagbabago
Dahil nga, malayo na tayo

Wow. He's great in playing piano, also in singing. I entered quietly so he won't find out, I sat at the seats near the door so I can exit quickly.

Akala ko'y madali lang kayanin
Ang lungkot at pag iisa
Mga liham mo't naiwang larawan
Dagdag bigat sa nadarama

Malayo na tay—

My phone freakig rang. Shoot. I quickly got it and before I answer the call, I fell off my seat causing a loud thud. "Who's there?" I heard Benj said, I put my phone beside my ear. "What the hell, Lacey Felice Janessa Lopez. Where are you again?!" Karlos' angry voice terrified me. "Sorry, sorry. I'll be there in a minute." I told him and ended the call. I was about to crawl out when his voice lingered my ear.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ay Benjamin!" I covered my mouth, I heard him chuckled. "What are you doing here, Felice?" He asked. I stood up and faced him, scratching my nape. "Ah, hehe. I entered the wrong room pala." I lied. He smiled, "Where are you going, by the way?" I blushed, beNJAMIN PANGILINAN IS TALKING TO ME AM I DREAMING.

"Uhm, I'm going to the music room. Me and my bandmates have rehersals." I answered and I saw him nod. "I'll take you there." He offered, my eyes widen. "Hala! No need, you have training pa yata e." I told him. "I insist. Besides, I don't have training today and I want to talk to you." I sighed.

We walked out of the auditorium and walked our way to the music room. "What do you want to talk about?" I asked him, looking down. "I wanna know you more." He simply answered. I felt my cheeks blushing, "A-Ah.. Sure." I said. "So, do you have siblings?" He asked, I looked at him and nodded. "Yep, an older brother. He's Luke Zachary Lopez. I guess you know him since he's also part of the Basketball team." I answered.

"Oh, I know him! He's really great playing basketball." He told me. "How about you, Benj? Do you have any siblings except for Hannah?" I asked him. "I do have, actually, I have four more siblings. Hannah, Kuya Donny, Ate Ella, and Solana." He answered. "Solana? Solana Emanuelle?" I asked him and he nod. "Why?"

"I'm the one who helped her last summer vacay, nung nawala sya sa mall." I told him, "Ah, so you're the Ate Janessa she's been talking about!" He said and I smiled. We reached the music room. "We're here na pala." I muttered and opened the door, all of them were looking at the two of us. "I need to go, Benj." I said. "I would love to know you more, so, via text nalang?" He asked.

Is he asking for my number?! Well, duh, via text nga diba.

"Sure." I smiled and we exchanged numbers. "I'll text you later." I told him and he nodded, he bid goodbye. I closed the door and they're all smiling widely. "What?" I asked them and rolled my eyes, "You're blushing." JC said. "Lol. Okay. Let's get started!" I replied, changing the topic. They noticed it but we started to reherse.

-x-

Our rehersal today ended late. It was already 7 pm and I'm surely dead when I got home. We reached the gate, I saw a guy in a football jersey and spikes. He looked at us and smiled, "Hey guys." He waved at us. "Hey, Oliver!" Kyle greeted him. Oh, he's Oliver! Now I remember him, I have P.E class with this guy and every girl likes him. Except for me, I'm too loyal to Benj.