20

Jisoo's POV

"Are the decorations set?" I ask my team, as the leader of the new years committee I need to make sure everything is perfect.

I see Mingyu and Wonwoo goofing around with the paint and I giggle at their adorableness. The two have been dating for a few years now and they seem perfect together.

Then I turn to see Jun and Minghao sticking some decorations on the wall using a ladder. It's cute that Jun holds onto Minghao's legs in case he he falls. They're still in a weird phase in their relationship where they like each other but they're not together.

"Hey! It looks great so far!" I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders, when I turn to the left I see Seungcheol admiring the scene of the now decorated and colorful stadium. "Thanks.."

He takes his arms off me and he asks if I want to have much with him later, "It'll only be the two of us." His eyes look desperate, is he asking me out? Either way I can't come.. I'm really busy with this. "Sorry but I'm really bus-"

"Please! You always say you're busy! Can't you make an exception today?" He's right, I always say I'm busy. "Okay, I'll see what I can do.." He smiles brightly. I tell him that I'll text him when I'm ready and he gives me a thumbs up before helping someone with the food for the party.

___

Few hours after the lunch I had with Seungcheol the party starts and everyone came crashing in.

I'm really proud of how everything looks. The bright purple lights surrounding the walls, the clean and now spotless floor, and the beautiful view of the sky. I managed to convince the principal to open the ceiling of the stadium so we can see the fireworks from inside the building.

"Guys!" I call out for my group of friends which now include twelve people. Ever since Mingyu and Wonwoo started dating our two groups became friends and turned to one group. We were all inseparable.

When I walk to them I notice that Seungcheol isn't there, "Hey, where's Seungcheol?" I ask a little worried.

"Someone's looking for their boyfriend.." Seungkwan snickers while he high fives with Soonyoung and Seokmin, God.. The idiot trio. I roll my eyes at them, he's not my botfriend.. I look around the room, searching for Seungcheol. "You need to hurry if you want to have your new years kiss with him ~ " Hansol teases as the rest of the guys make kissy faces at me.

"Gosh.." I mumble. I run around the room looking for Seungcheol, "Where the Hell could he be.." I'm not even sure what I want, I'm too shy to kiss him anyway.

The crowd begins to count down.

3

Shit.. Where is he?!

2

That's him! He's waving at me!

1

Great, I'm too late..

Everyone around me kisses their significant other, even Jun and Minghao! They're not even together yet!

I see Seungcheol mouth an "oh well." Then he blew me a kiss.

We are literally feet away and there are a bunch people in front of us but he makes an effort to.. Kiss me?

I feel so fuzzy inside.. I want to kiss him.. I want to love him.

But I'm too scared of taking risks and getting hurt..

This is the closest I'll ever get to him kissing him and it hurts me so bad.