This is War

Naruto silently ran through the forest towards where Akatsuki was approaching. There weren't many members left. Itachi had been killed by Sasuke, Sasori was finished off by Sakura, Kakuzu was killed by himself and Shikamaru buried Hidan somewhere in the woods that belong to his family.

That left Deidara, Pein, Konan, that stupid Tobi, and Zetsu. But only Pein, Konan and Deidara were approaching. Where was the rest?

* * *

Tsunade cursed as the first attacks of Deidara smashed parts of the village. "Stupid wide ranged bastard!"

"Kakashi, get him the fuck down and stay away from the residential areas. We want to keep as much as we can intact." He nodded and started following the clay bird.

"Where are the fire types?" She looked around and pointed at them. "That woman is using paper. Go and make sure that there won't be any remains left for her to use."

"Tsunade-same" Shizune whispered shocked.

"This is war. They are trying to annihilate this village to get what they want. I will stop them. Even if it costs me my life."

Her apprentice swallowed hard but nodded. "Go and oversee the sickbay." Taking a deep breath Tsunade steeled her resolve. "For my daughter, for my village and for myself", she chanted quietly and jumped in to stop Pein.

* * *

Sakura flew through the city in seconds. How long had she been sleeping? It must have been at least two weeks. Her chakra was overflowing from regenerating for that long. The Souzou Sasei in her forehead had stored so much chakra that it started to give her a headache.

Since alternating the original jutsu so that the chakra was saved up as soon as she was sleeping, she had stored massive amounts. But never as much as now. This could be bad for her health. Maybe she was going insane.

Jumping down to the operation building she saw that the door was broken open. She was sure, this wasn't going to end all to well.

Slowly creeping inside she soundlessly made her way to the room where Kisame should have been held. The floor was littered with guards. It looked like they didn't know what had hit them. Saving the information of missing limbs for later use, she heard voices.

"Tobi is so happy that we found Kisame-sama!"

"We should eat him while he sleeps."

"Be quiet Zetsu. I was just testing if he is still out of it. Looks like the Kunoichi got him real bad." There was some shuffling and a slight rise of chakra. "Kill him Zetsu. He is useless now." A sickening crunching sound had her wanting to throw up. Bastards killing their own teammate.

Thinking quickly, she had to get them away from here. There were too many buildings around. Fighting was out of the question in this small space. She needed a bigger space. "I'm sorry Tsunade-shishou" she whispered and punched the ground.

The whole building was shaking, the voices growing annoyed. "The Kunoichi is here."

"Let's devour her!"

Slowly but surely the building was caving in. Sakura jumped through the debris to get to the top of it. "Kill her!" said the man with the masked, she identified as Tobi. Looking over her shoulder she saw Zetsu following her. "You think that thing is enough to stop me? Poor Coward can't fight his own battle", she taunted him. Hopefully, he would follow. She had to get them away.

"He is more than enough. But I will be watching you die. It will be my pleasure to see the life leaving your eyes" he sneered back and vanished.

Finally, she jumped out of the debris and into the woods. Farther and farther away from the village.