(16)

"Why?" maryam asked

"Hailey?"iman replied.

"Who is she?"

"She is my brothers girlfriend, friend, wife....I don't even know"

"What happened to maheer" I asked

"He was not allowed to marry the girl he wanted to marry, so he ran away with her..... Her parents now sued my own parents"she said and before I knew it she burst into tears.

Maryam gently hugged imaan.I was so surprised because now that I realise it, it's been long since I saw imaan cry.

My phone rang, I just ignored it.

"Thanks guys for making me feel less terrible" iman said

We all chuckled, my phone rang again, so I picked it.

Phone convo

Edward: hello

Z :hi, what's up

Edward :your father is in the hospital

Z :I'll be on my way.

"My dads in the hospital, need to go now." I said

"I'll come with you "khaleefah offered

"Sure."

As we were walking to the car, I muttered a thank you , and he shot his heart wrenching smile, as a reply."

______________

As I walked in through the familiar reception, I see Edward, I walked fast towards him

"Is he okay" i  asked

"Yes, he is, but no one is allowed to enter, he needs rest." Edward said

"But I need to see - "I started ,but he cut me off.

"The doctor insisted" he said.

I nodded, but impatiently waited.

*********

Third person.

They waited for almost three hours so khaleefah decided to go to the nearest Starbucks and buy zareefah a latte. He entered and ordered the usual, as he waited kauthar suddenly appeared I front of him with max.

"Hello" kauthar said

"Uhm" khaleefah answered unwillingly 

"So you don't answer my calls, and now you don't answer my greetings?" Kauthar asked.

Khaleefah just ignored her and asked "why are you with her" khallefah asked max

"Why do you care?" Max asked.Suddenly khaleefah saw the bump on kauthar's stomach.

"You got her pregnant?" He asked

"No. The door handle did. "He replied sarcastically rolling his eyes. khaleefah noticed that his coffee was done.

"You know what? I don't care, but don't come looking for help." khaleefah said ,but he muttered the last bit to max.

He grabs the latte's and get out, and headed towards the hospital.

As he arrived he didn't see zareefah and Edward in the hallway, so he turned and saw a nurse and she guided him towards the room.

"Salam" he said peeking his head

"Wa'alykumussalam" zareefah whispered in reply. He handed her one and sat next to her.

She took a sip, and the hot mixture sled down her throat making her feel a little more awake. She dropped her latte and hugged him.

"I have never in my life dropped my coffee to greet any one but my mom and dad so consider it more as a compliment" she said. And khaleefah couldn't help but chuckle.

"I forgot to ask what happened"

"Food poisoning, the doctor said he should be careful about what he eats outside the house."

But the thought of kauthar and max lingered in his mind longer than he wanted it to.

A/n hey guys, thanks for reading don't forget to vote, comment and share.