Chapter 3: I'm Mad At My Family (What Else Is New)

Chapter 3:

The next day I avoided everyone like the plague. I locked myself in my room and wouldn’t let anyone in to talk to me. If they tried to speak through the door I simply put ear buds in and ignored them with ease. Call me an overdramatic teenager, but I was not in the mood.

Even though I didn’t listen when they were talking to me didn’t mean that I didn’t listen in to their conversations with each other. Most of them they managed to keep down low enough that I could just barely not hear, which was wildly frustrating. But when they would have heated arguments, I could hear them with no problem.

Most of the arguments were about the obvious, who’s fault this was. Occasionally they would have a quarrel about me going before Christmas, or how far away I was being sent (Dilan was always against me going far away or so soon). By noon time they had managed to come to one solid conclusion, this was no one’s fault. I knew that wasn’t true. All of this was my fault.

When dinner time rolled Dilan knocked and asked to come in. As usual, I ignored her. She pleaded for me to open the door, told me how she was sorry and she would change it if she could. Eventually though, she realized it was a hopeless cause and just told me that she had left food outside my door for me. I didn’t eat it.

The next morning after that was the same thing, Dilan pleading, me ignoring. She stayed longer than the night before, causing me to be slightly annoyed. I was about to turn on my music when she finally left again saying there was food left outside the door. Again, I didn’t eat it.

The arguments were louder later in that day. My emotions were getting to both of them and they were taking it out on each other. I would like to say that I felt horribly bad, but in in reality I only felt a little bit bad. That was mostly because I didn’t feel like Dilan deserved to be chewed out so horribly, Sarah I did not give one single shit though.

Nobody bothered coming up at lunch time. I think they were getting the point that I wasn’t talking and wouldn’t be eating. Bored, I decided to look up the prison I was being admitted into.

I found out a few things about the center. For one, it was called Maria’s Angels Rehabilitation Center. Apparently it had been named after Maris di’Angelo who had suffered from depression herself as a teenager and when she had grown up, she had decided to open a rehab center specifically designed for teenagers or young adults who were having problems in their life. Secondly, it was almost an academy. It was highly focused on making sure that teenagers also exceed academically while still getting the help they needed. Currently it had about 150 inhabitants, which were all a mix of boys and girls ranging anywhere from age 13 to 19. Each had their own problems. From eating disorders, to having abusive parents, to suicidal thoughts Maria’s would be open to anyone who needed help.

I wasn’t so offended by the center itself. In fact I thought it was great that they were so open to giving anyone help and not discriminating. I just thought that I didn’t need it. Everyone was over reacting, it was just a diet. Most days I ate at least something. Yes, there were periods of time where I wouldn’t eat much at all, if anything, but usually during that time I didn’t exercise as much either.

At dinner time Dilan tried again, this time she stayed longer. She wasn’t pleading the whole time, no. She had decided to just tell me how her college had been going, the mean teachers, and the bitchy sluts. I think she probably thought that I was not listening, that I had my headphones in, but I was. I soaked up every word she said, because truth be told I was missing talking to her. But I was still angry, and my pride wouldn’t let me just apologize and let her come in. Eventually though, she gave up. Again she left food outside my door. Spoiler alert: I didn’t eat it.