Chapter 3

Tao left the room mewling and went into the guest bathroom. When I heard the locks on the door click and turned and made my face as plain as possible to show my seriousness on the matter.

"Who are you guys?" I asked, "You just let yourself in and tell me that a transforming cat lies?"

The 174 look-alike started first. He uncrossed his legs.

"I am Luhan, formerly known to you as 174. I am a necromancer. Speaker of death and I have some power over the deceased." He pointed to the blonde tall man, "that, is Kris."

"Yo, I'm Kris. I am an alchemist. I go by the rules of equivalent exchange." He stood up and picked up a coffee mug. A small circle of light with straight lines that crossed the edges and curved symbols inside appeared under the mug; it changed into a beautiful wine glass. "That, is my power."

"My powers relate to life. It is hard to show at the moment. But before, in the hospital, you remember me rubbing your arm, correct?"

I recalled the awkward tender petting and nodded, "yeah..."

"Check your forearm. There is a slightly darker area. I took some of your life energy to keep my form. Sorry. You'll be fine when we get home. Lay can give you potions to heal."

Luhan said calmly and crossed his legs again. "Oh! Tao! You have finished quite early. Never do you change so quickly, especially in mundane territory."

I turned around to find a tall toned man, about my age, standing behind me. His phone and sunglasses were in one hand and a bag was in the other. His dark black hair had turned red and was combed back under a black fedora. Matching the fedora was a long, unbuttoned jacket over a loose,white, v-neck. The collar was covered with a thin leopard print scarf. He walked over to me and sat down. This was not the same man as the cat-like creature. A dark cool aura flowed out of him.

"I, am the wonderful AB style warlock. One of the few out there. You've seen my work plenty of times, though you don't notice." I was in a slight shock with the fashion of the alley cat. His face was filled with strength. I could feel the intensity of his eyes pierce through me, and everything around him gave a cool dark chill, but one thing was off. His voice. This so-called "rare warlock" had the voice of a child. It was light and soft with a high pitch trailing off at the ends of his sentences.

"We should head home now. Lay will be rather angry if he hears that we've found the guy and he wasn't invited." Kris said, patting his leather pants and walking to the door.

Luhan followed, adjusting his cardigan.

Tao stood up and smiled down at me. "Let's go on an adventure, my dear." He held out his hand and I gladly took the offer.

"Do I need to change out of my school uniform? Walking the streets with school attire isn't in fashion." I said, looking down at my poor taste of clothes. Although seen as the best of the school I never followed the rules, I wore my uniform but the necktie was never on properly.

"No need for that. We're going home. They'll have the perfect clothing for you." Luhan said. His eyes sparkled in the light.

"Tao open the door." Kris said, tapping on the knob.

"It's not hard. Just turn the knob to the right," I said, offering some simple knowledge to the alchemist.

Tao walked to the door and it changed from brown to black to silver. He turned the knob and slipped on his sunglasses, "Welcome to EXO, the lost planet."

Streets were as busy as Hong Kong traffic. Stores were packed and laughter filled the air. Everything looked like a normal city except clothing was fairly similar in color and style.