Chapter 10

The mage on the east did a flying-360 and kicked plates of stone towards the other side causing the alchemist to make transmutation circles and destroying them, changing them into dust. A stream of water was directed to the west mage and electricity flow causing the east mage to fly backwards into the net.

"15 points to West."

Cheers in the crowd got louder. The other two mages eyed one another and plates of fire-lit earth was pushed onto the mage. The alchemist reacted too slowly, and he was pushed back into the net by the impact of the electricity mage.

"15 points to east" 15 more points to east and they'd win. But there was a problem that rose. The west side held a powerful mage that used teleportation as his power. Words surrounded the man and he was appearing in all places of the platform.

There was no offence on the west side, but the defense was unbeatable. PLates of flaming earth were flying in every direction, just a few milliseconds off from contact with the mage.

"They should just make a border and push him off forcefully." I recommended.

"He can just teleport out though." Lay suggested on behalf of the mage.

"Just fill the entire arena with tall columns of earth and border it with fire." I added and pressed my bracelet. A screen popped up and I looked for an app that was useful for drawing. I drew a circle and split it with the diameter and other lines similar to the arena.

"Slowly add on from the center, or diameter, and he'll be forced a smaller area of space." Tao said, "I understand now! I guess you can be a great competitor. You're full of strange ideas, ever since you entered high school." He smiled and combed his fingers through my hair. I returned the smile and shut off the bracelet.

Shortly after I finished explaining, the east side called for a forfeit. Cheers in the audience grew. A rotating screen appeared over the platform and had a table on it. On the table was a list of team names. At the top was "Fairy-gods" to the side was a list for points. 15 points for 'Fairy-gods' and 30 points for 'the elements'.

Within the three hours of the night spent there in the arena, I learned how to summon transmutation circles in mid air and use magic spells. I've only read about it before but now seeing it in person has cleared many things. The last group to go this night were the Alley Cats, also known as my group: Luhan, Kris, and Lay.

They entered the platform in a triangular formation with Kris in the front. Alchemists were normally the defense of the team, but right now, Kris looked like he was on offense. Against them were the Circles, three skilled alchemists.

Ding.

Words started to fly around the three of them. Lay had already started, "Now they are in perfect condition without the need for fearing they'll transform into cats." Tao said.

In a split second, all three alchemist fell to the ground and seemed to be extremely tired. Definitely conscious, but unable to move. After all of them were on the ground, a box d platform raised up. Skeletons started forming from dust around the arena. They pushed the block of platform, making the three alchemists fall from the platform onto the net.

"45 points to Alley Cats. Alley Cats win with an astonishing new record of 57 seconds!" The MC spoke as the board changed. Alley Cats were at the top with "Death Fire" and Slowdie" right below. The elements were trailing behind in fourth place.

"Thank you for coming tonight and I hope for new faces in the tournament next year. There have been an elimination of half the participants, leaving 256 teams in the games. There will be another 9 nights until the champion team is shown." The lights in the audience turned on and people started piling out of the stadium. Lay, Luhan, and Kris came back to the room and took of their helmets and gloves.

"That was a quick game, 57 seconds." I said, "less than a minute."

"Money has arrived. Check your accounts." Tao said, pointing at his wrist. I turned mine on and clicked the bank icon. There was a huge supply of money and there was an extra new deposit from the tournament. Tonight marked my joining of Alley Cats.

"How come my bank isn't suspended by Essem?" I asked.

"Nothing is in power of Essem except mundanes. He is the weak and uses them to control us, but he has a treaty not to bother the affairs of us." Tao explained, getting up from the chair to walk to the door.

"How about that wanted notice?"

"I suspended it, they think you're caught already. Go by a different name in public." Kris answered and left the room.

"Yehet Ohorat, will be my new name." I quickly responded filing out of the room behind Lay and Luhan. Tao left last, removing and trace of us being in the room.

"We'll start your training tomorrow. Remember to dress like a mage." Kris said, exiting the limo. We drove in silence and waited a Lay and Luhan left for their houses.

I stood in front of the blank wall and waited for Tao to finish with the chauffeur.

"You know, you can open it too." He said, his voice getting louder and closer. His right hand slowly wrapped out and around my shoulder as the left hand crawled passed my torso.He tightened and embraced me from behind. My face felt hot and my heart started to race. He lifted my right arm with his and spoke, "everything related to magic is in the mind. Mages use words and spells, alchemists use equivalent exchange and necromancers use their inner thoughts." He paused and turned to face me. I turned to face his face and felt the warm breath hit my face. His dark eyes pierced through my soul. "Just think of what you want the most." He looked at the wall and a beautiful glass door started to appear. It was very different from before. "It's all in the mind. The most skilled have very organized thoughts." This was my new latibule. It was safe and secure here.

"You guys seemed to have gotten really close." I heard Chen from behind. I quickly pushed the hand off and walked away from Tao.

"What's wrong?" Tao asked, looking concerned and turned the knob.

"We have invisible visitors." I said, still trying to remove the blush from my face. We entered the house and I went to my room with Chen following me.

"Why are you here?" I asked plopping down on the bed. I tried making a transmutation circle and the small purple circle appeared. I touched the rug and a fancy chair was created.

"Your magic skills are amazing. You've hidden the book well too." Chen said, pointing at the cabinet. He opened it and I walked over to the cabinet. I set my hand down on the shelf and the purple circle appeared with words running along the edge. A box appeared and I opened it with the other hand, and I took the book out. I lifted my hand that was on the transmutation circle and the box disappeared.

"I read the book and I can do so many things now."

"You sure you can." Tao said, standing next to the door and he knocked the opened door. He walked over to the book and stopped halfway in his tracks. "Do we have company?" He asked.

I looked around and Chen had left. "Not now." I replied.

"You've actually been using your powers since before. That's how I found you." Tao said, "You created a maze in Seoul."