Chapter 1

"Appa?" I called out to my dad who was in his study, " It's dinner time."
"I'll be right there, Sugar."
I could hear the stress and grief in his voice.
It has been more than a month since my mom died in a car crash with uncle Hoseok's wife. Dad is still grieve. Well, to be exact we are all grieving. Dad and Jihoon or Woozi Oppa are always in their study/studio. I have my own study/studio too, but I have to take care of them.
I remember Mom's promise: "Promise me you'll take care of you Dad and brother. Promise me you'll see them move on. Promise me that you'll support them and watch over them. And, baby, if you find your love, just make sure he is the right one for you. Just like how your dad and I are. I love you."
I sat at the stairs and cried. The memory was strong and forever in my heart.
"Dongseng?"
I try to dry my tears, but Jihoon Oppa saw them. He came over to me and hugged me.
"It's okay Dongseng. Oppa and Appa are here. Just cr--"
Oppa didn't finish because he started crying with me.
" Oppa," I wailed ," I miss Omma. I miss her so much. I miss her making Appa smile. I miss her taking care of us. I --"
I didn't finish because I felt another pair of arms around us and another voice joining us in our grieving cries.
"I miss her too, Sugar, Jihoon. I miss her making me smile too. I miss her everyday. I miss her every minute," Appa told us between his crying.
We then heard the doorbell ring. Oppa who is used to opening the door got out of our family embrace.
We all went down to see who it was.
When Oppa opened the door, it was the Jung family who was also known as the Sunshine family.
"Omo, Jihoon, Yoonshi, Yoongi, don't cry. Nari wouldn't want to see you guys cry," Uncle Hoseok replied even though he too looked like he was going to cry with us.
We all gave them a sad smile. Every since Mom and Aunty Mina died, we would both have dinner at their house or our house. Today was our house. The Min house.
"Sorry. We just--" Oppa started, but Uncle Hoseok only daughter and one of my best friend interrupted him.
" No need to explain. Let's just eat dinner. Smile."
That was the ice breaker. The Jung entered our house and gave us all hugs which we returned because who wouldn't want to return the Sunshine family hugs.