Part eight

Aaaahhhhhhhhh.

Tim immediately busied himself looking through cupboards as Damian and Jason sat in silence. That had been...intense. It was just so wrong to match the backstory to Dick. "Well, that was fun," Jason stated sarcastically. Tim rolled his eyes and carried on darting around the room for food. "What the hell were you thinking when you yelled at him?" Damian asked angrily. 

"I wasn't thinking. It's clear that he didn't have a choice," he answered shamefully. Dick must've been so scared. He'd make it up to him later.  "I should've known that from the beginning."

"Tommy sounded like a douche bag," Damian commented, scowling at the table. 

"I know! Dick kills for him and yet he's ready to kill him at any moment," Jason replied. "Tim you've been silent for awhile, you alright?"

"He's only eight. He's done things even as heroes we've never been forced to do. I'm not alright and God knows he's definitely not," he answered truthfully. 

"We can't get down about this. I've told you before that we can't live in the past," Damian said, doing his best to provide comfort. "He must've so scared, taking a life is involuntary. It's...." His voice trailed off as he put a hand over his mouth. He had just realised the tears falling. "Tim, please. I'm sure Dick will be fine in time. We were," Jason assured him but it didn't help. They'd seen people die, sure, but they hadn't taken a life. "You care a lot for him, we all do, but crying won't help. Trust yourself to bring Slade to justice or at least beat him half to death," he chuckled. There was a hollow laugh from Tim as he wiped the tears away. "Yeah."

A few minutes later Alfred and Bruce came through the door. They were anxious to know what happened. The brothers relayed what Dick had said, causing the pair to become worried for the small boy. "The hero thing will still work it's just Grayson doesn't know his own strength. Then when he does he freaks out about hurting you," Damian explained. 

"Okay. Where is he now?" Alfred asked. 

"On the sofa in the main room. He was pretty tired from telling us." Alfred raised an eyebrow.

"And you've heard nothing from him?" the butler questioned. They shook their heads but soon caught on. Dick had very bad nightmares. He should be screaming at some point.

A glass pane broke interrupting the conversation.