Chapter 2

Quite the time went by, Naruto has grown quite attached to me. I guess I kind of act like a mother to him now. I make his lunch nearly every day, walk him to and from the academy most of the time and occasionally help him with other minor things. For a seven year old he's quite the handful. 

 I also heard about the Uchiha catastrophe that happened around two months ago. Sasuke Uchiha was the only one left to survive; Itachi Uchiha was the one who wiped out the entire Uchiha clan, he was a friend of mine, but we were on different teams and didn't talk much so we weren't as close.

 These mixed feelings that I had for Naruto and Sasuke escalated into strange ties being formed.

It was now noon, rain pouring rather forcefully. I walked, with an umbrella in hand towards the academy as it was finished for the day. Rain drops were splashing everywhere and some landed on my umbrella running all the way down splashing onto the ground, my feet made a squishy sound with each step I took. I saw the academy up ahead and the lights on. People walked with their children in the rain past me. I walked through the gates and saw a couple of blue eyes that I knew too well looking down at me through the window.

I gave a small wave and walked through the door, I walked down the hall hearing the squishy footsteps echo all around, soon a light came up head coming out of an opened door, which was the door I had to go through. I walked in and saw Iruka looking up at me as from his paperwork with a smile. I then felt two hands around my waist; I looked down and saw Naruto, smiling up at me.  

"Hi Naruto, how was your day?" I asked, and looking down at the child that was clinging tightly to me. He looked up at me, with his huge smile like always.

"Hi Mum! And it was good," He happily said and unwrapped his arms around me. 

He placed his hand in mine and tried pulling me out of the classroom, but it failed. I looked down at him and raising an eyebrow at him, he grumbled something then looked away; I rolled my eyes and looked to where the desks were. There sitting at one of them, looking out the window was Sasuke.

"Sasuke, time to go" I said and he looked at me, he got up from his seat and ran over to us. He looked at Naruto, Naruto looked at him and then glared at each other for a while, I just sighed.

"See you later Iruka!" I shouted at him and he jumped out of his chair, I chuckled and he gave a wave at me. 

"Do you guys ever stop fighting" I sighed and looked at the two idiots in front of me,

"Why does he have to walk with us!" shouted Naruto and pointed at Sasuke.

"Well why are you walking with us then?" scoffed Sasuke and Naruto growled in response, I just hit both of them on the head,

"Hey what was that for!" they both shouted at the same time.

"Because I don't want to listen to you two fighting in this rain," I growled and they looked away from each other, arms crossed. 

"Ok, where taking Sasuke home first, then you Naruto" I said simply,

"Why do we have to take him home first?" Naruto grumbled. I hit him on the head again and sighed,

"Already told you for the 50th time, Naruto" I sighed. He mumbled something that I couldn't hear and I lifted up Sasuke into my shoulders, Naruto took my hand, I had my umbrella in my other hand and we continued walking down the street.

"Why does he get to be on your shoulders?"

"Because I'm not an idiot, like you"

"What did you just say!?"

"Just made my point, idiot."

"Because it's Sasuke's turn today, since it was your turn yesterday" I sighed. It was finally quiet for a while and the rain was starting to settle.

We arrived at Sasuke's apartment and I hopped him off my shoulders, I gave him a wave goodbye and Naruto was arm crossed, glaring at him the whole time. The rain had stopped and the clouds were slowly moving away, revealing the clear, sapphire sky above us. I plopped Naruto on my shoulders and looked back at where Sasuke was, but he had already gone inside, I just sighed and smiled.

"You ready Naruto? Let's get you home,"

"OK!" he shouted happily, I just chuckled and kept walking away, we walked for a bit, without talking for a while.

"Hey Ren-chan, do you have a boyfriend?" he asked and I gave him a weird look.

"No I don't and why did you ask that?" I asked seriously,

"Oh, I thought you would've since you're so nice and kind to everyone" he laughed; I just rolled my eyes and continued walking.

We arrived at Naruto's apartment and I placed him on the ground.

"I can't take you in the morning to school but I will be picking you and SASUKE up in the afternoon, okay?" I explained, he nodded then grumbled something about Sasuke,

"Also tell Sasuke that will be taking him home tomorrow, afternoon too" I said and he nodded again.

"What are you doing tomorrow then?" he asked and I just chuckled,

"I'll tell you when I pick you guys up tomorrow, okay?" I chucked and he just sighed.

"Ok see you tomorrow then Ren-chan!" he smiled and gave me a hug, I smiled back and patted him on the head, I waved goodbye and jumped off the apartment, to the next building, then another and another. I sighed; tomorrow was going to be one hell of a day for me since it's time to keep that promise.

"Heh, maybe cause I also see myself in them...before I met them all,"