Chapter 4

****CAMERONS POV****

The next day I woke up before Leah. Mornings were always especially hard for me. All the light and noise made me cranky.

I wanted to prepare some breakfast for Leah, ya know do something nice for the poor yet highly attractive girl. There was just one problem. I couldn't cook to save my life. I mean if I did try to cook, I would probably end my life.

I decided to attempt breakfast anyways. Besides, there was a fire station down the street.

I looked through the cabinets to see what I had. There was chocolate chip pancake mix and that was about it, besides some stale crackers. Damn, it's a hard world out there...zaymn.

I looked up how to make chocolate chip pancakes on my computer and I tried my hardest to do it right. There was flour and chocolate smeared all across my face. I was a hot mess. Well, more of a mess.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from down the hallway. Oh geeze she was gonna see me and though I had just went swimming in a pool full of flour.

When she walked into the kitchen I turned around so she couldn't see me. I pretended to mix some of the powdery stuff I used to make the pancakes, whatever it was called.

"Morning," I heard her walking up behind me. Uh oh. She turned me toward her.

"Um Cameron, you got a little..." She giggled and I was laughing. I tried to wipe it off my face but I by the look on her face, I could tell I wasn't succeeding. She rolled her eyes.

"Come here," she grabbed some paper towels and started wiping off my face. She was so close. I could really see her eyes now. There were little specks of green and gold in them.

She finished wiping and threw away the paper towels. "All clean!" She smiled.

The timer went off, followed by the smoke alarm startling both of us. I am such an idiot.

She raised her eyebrows. "Cameron, what's going on?" We were fanning smoke out of our faces.

"Uhm well you see I was trying to make you breakfast when...this happened." I motioned to, well everywhere.

"Oh Cameron," she smacked her forehead with her hand and laughed. We managed to turn off the smoke alarm and just decided I would go to McDonalds or something and get breakfast there.

****LEAHS POV****

After he left for McDonalds, I went to go freshen up a bit. I put my hair up in a ponytail, wiped off the mascara from under my eyes.

He tried to cook for me. I giggled remembering his face. Maybe that look really DID mean something.

When he got back I greeted him at the door. "Did you survive all alone by yourself?" He asked me.

I shook my head and pulled him in the house. "Well obviously." He laughed.

We ate our food in pretty much complete silence. But it wasn't as awkward as you'd think.

Cameron had to go to Magcon again so he told me to stay here. I wished him luck and watched him walk out the door.

"Bye!" I waved.

"See ya later!" He shouted back and waved at me.

Then it was just me. Just me in Cameron Dallas's house.