Chapter 9

****LEAHS POV****

Cameron and I sat on that back porch for a long time. It was nice. Just the two of us, no Magcon, no girls, just us. He rested his head on mine and I held his hand. I didn't want to let go, ever. There was just one problem.

I was moving.

My parents had told me last night that we were going to move to New York in 2 weeks. I hadn't told Cameron and I couldn't let anything start between us. I let go of his hand and stood up.

"What's wrong?" He looked up at me. I shook my head.

"Nothing, it's fine." I turned away. He stood up and grabbed my hand, spinning him toward me. "Leah, about the kiss..."

I smiled weakly at him. "I had to do it before...." I took a deep breath. "Before I left," I turned away and ran out the door into the street. It was raining, but I didn't care. I stood in the middle of the street crying. My hair was soaking wet as well as my clothes.

"Leah!" Cameron shouted from the door way of the house. He ran towards me and put his hands on my shoulders. "What do you mean before you leave?" He said softly, the rain running off his lips.

I looked down. "Cameron, I-I'm moving to New York," I put my head in my hands and began to cry again.

"Leah," he said quietly. "Moving?" I nodded and he took a deep breath. I looked up at him and I saw tears forming in his eyes. I didn't want to see him cry.

He wiped away some of the tears/rain that was streaming down my cheeks. "I'm moving in 2 weeks and I-I have to leave your house t-today," I started crying harder.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest. The rain was still coming down pretty hard. He pulled me in as close as he could and gathered me in his arms. "I'm falling in love with you, Leah Ostlund." He whispered, and that just made me cry harder. "I'm falling in love with you too, Cameron Dallas."

He released me and cupped my face with his hands. He leaned in and we shared one more kiss. A kiss in the rain. It was romantic and bursting with passion. I pulled away and rested my forehead on his. "I'm sorry," I let my hands fall from his shoulders and started down the street back to my house.

That was the last time I saw him before I left. That was the last time, I touched his gentle hands and broad shoulders. But most importantly, that was the only time I would be able to love someone the way I loved Cameron.

I had left a note for him in the kitchen that day...

Dear Cameron,

I am sorry that I have to go. It's not my choice. If I had it my way, I would stay with you forever. I had to know what it felt like to kiss you before I left, I just had to. I know we just met, but I feel like I've known you my whole life. If someday we meet again, then I know we were meant to be. I really hope that I will be able to see you again.

I love you Cameron Alexander Dallas

~ Leah Ostlund

2 weeks later I arrived in New York.

I never stopped thinking about Cameron.

Never.