The End and The Beginning

Naruto was sitting beside Kakashi. Her head resting on his shoulder and her body relaxing against his. He in turn had his head resting on top of hers with his arm around her waist keeping them close. The setting sun shone down on them as they enjoyed the the moment. It was a moment of love and bliss.

That was a long time ago. Now she sat by herself in the middle of thousands of corpses. Her lover dead in her arms and her heart broken and in despair she screams because that's all she can do to try and escape from the pain. The feeling of suffocating loneliness covered her as she wept and let it all out.

Kurama watched on as his charge broke down. Naruto was a great shinobi there was no doubt in that but there was so much that one person could do. He was old and knew many things and he was certain that she could have won this battle without so many dead had some things that were beyond her control not occurred. Naruto didn't deserve this, she deserved to lead a happy life and he'd be damned should he be be stopped from giving it to her. An ancient technique that would allow her to go back to the past and correct the future. That's all that was needed.

"Kit" Kurama called.

'What is it Kurama?' Naruto was in no mood to bicker with the demon like other times but knowing him it was something important otherwise he wouldn't be speaking to her. Not while she was in this state.

"Stop moping and get a grip of yourself. I know how to fix this." Naruto froze. Then quickly entering her minscape she demanded to know what he was going on about."Fix this? How?" The possibility that something could be salvaged from this seemingly helpless situation raising her hopes.

"I know a way to send you back in time and me along with you so that you can change the future. Now, get a grip of yourself! Its a wonder that you were made a Hokage the way you are." Kurama grumbled.

Naruto sat there for a while and contemplated."What are the chances that this will work and what sort of consequences are there." she asked after a while.

Kurama smirked. She was already starting to get herself together. "The only thing is that for this we need to risk our lives as there's a large probability that we'll end up dead. Although I'm sure that that won't be much of a issue because we have nothing to lose, but everything to gain. Also there's no catch to it. If it does work we'll just end up in the past with the knowledge and strength of your current body so to speak. Also about you mate,he too will have the same thing happening to him because I bound both of your souls together, so he will be affected too."

Naruto sat there for a while longer. "Lets do it." she finally says a small smile on her face. Kurama if possible smirked even wider, then got to work immediately. He had a little something planned for her if this worked.