⌜ hwang minhyun ; true love ⌟

story requested by: FelicityTrancy

i can see death. am i a cursed child? or was i gifted?

before a person dies, i see the person's dead self walking beside the person. the sight is just horrible and it can keep me awake for many nights. i cannot stop my ability from seeing death so i have to deal with the spirits walking around the people. but there is a way from stopping my ability to see death. and this can only happen when i save my true love from death.

i was walking to school one day and someone called me from behind. i turned around and saw my best friend, minhyun, walking towards me.

"good morning yuki!" minhyun said and ruffled my hair.

"good morning." i said and quickly turned away.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"nothing." i could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"yuki, tell me what's wrong." he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to face him.

"don't be shock, minhyun. i see your dead self walking beside you. don't worry, i'll keep you safe." i said, not looking at him in the eye.

minhyun was the only friend that knew about my ability as i told him a few years ago. he did not judge me, or look at me differently.

minhyun's eyes widened and he opened his mouth.

"what is the cause of my death?" he asked, his voice shaking.

"i am not sure, but i think it is an accident." i said, tears flowing out of my eyes.

"don't cry, yuki ah." his eyes were red, and he wiped off the tears off my face.

"how can i not be sad if i know about my best friend's death?" i asked, crying quite hysterically.

"aigoo, yuki ah." minhyun hugged me. i could tell that he was trying not to show me that he was crying, but i could tell that he was crying as i felt droplets of water on my head.

"as long as you are with me, you will be safe. i promise." i said hugging me back.

and that was a promise i wasn't able to keep.

-after school-

"let's go home." i told minhyun.

"let's go." he said, taking my arm.

the journey home seemed like a dreadful one. i was extra careful when crossing the road and even when we were walking on the pavements.

we were about to reach a traffic light when someone called me.

i turned around and saw one of my friends, eunbi, waving.

" i got the tickets to BTS concert!" she shouted.

"really?" i asked and ran to her, forgetting all about minhyun.

"yah, i'll cross the road first." minhyun called out.

eunbi passed me the tickets and we started fangirling.