⌜ kang daniel ; with you again ⌟

story requested by: rilakkumas-

-hwamin's pov-

"hwamin ah. come here." my aunt called out.

"yes?" i asked.

"wash the dishes, do the laundry and vacuum the floor. i am going out for dinner with my friends." she said.

"haishh, okay." i said.

"did you just sigh again? how many times do you sigh in a day?" she said, smacking my head.

"okay okay, i'll do it." i said and walked to the kitchen. i heard the door slam and followed by silence.

this is my life. trapped in this house with this abusive aunty of mine. i've been living like that since i was 10 years old, and now i am 19 years old. i have been dealing with her shit for 9 years and have been standing her beatings and hittings. i really wish that i could just run away, but other than her, i had no other family member that could support me. i only had her.

i did everything she told me to and it was already 10pm. she wouldn't be home until 1am at midnight so i took the chance to go the park and relax, and also talk to my friend, daniel.

" hey daniel." i said.

"hey hwamin. what took you so long?" daniel asked.

"just had many chores to do. i'm dead tired." i said, collapsing onto the bench.

daniel was the only friend that i told my problems to. i became friends with him when i was 18 years old as i would always go the park to take a breather and he would always be there, at that specific spot, which was the bench we were sitting on. we made a few small talks and we became friends on the spot, since we had a lot in common and i could rant about what i was going through at home. we would always meet every friday to just talk about random shit until it was midnight. we just enjoyed each other's company.

my aunty does not know about this as she was not at home frequently.

"what did your aunt ask you to do again?" daniel asked with a smile.

"she asked me to do the dishes, the laundry, vacuum the floor and also wash the toilet. ah, i am so tired." i replied, sighing.

daniel got up and went behind me. i looked at him, thinking about what he was going to do. he placed his hands on my shoulder and gently massaged me.

"ah, what are you doing?" i asked, shy.

"just helping you relax after a bad day." daniel said, while massaging my shoulders.

"thank you so much." i said, closing my eyes and enjoying the massage.

"i have somehting to tell you, hwamin." daniel said.

"yup?" i asked.

"i am moving out, next week." daniel said.

"what, you are moving out?" i asked, shocked.

"yup next week."daniel said, with a tinge of
sadness in his voice.

"why didn't you tell me earlier?" i asked, turning around to face him.

"well, my parents only told me that we were moving out yesterday, so..." daniel said.

"what, no." i said, cutting him off. i stood up and wanted to leave.

"hwamin ah." daniel said grabbing my arm.

"i know. bye." i said and walked away.

i was angry and sad at the same time. daniel was my friend, but he was special. he was the only one that i could tell my problems to and he is willing to listen. he was someone that made every week pass faster, since i would always be looking forward to meet him every friday. it's not that i like him, but he was just a person that made me feel like i'm at home. but now, he was leaving and i had no one else to talk to.